Ammo SHORTAGE DRASTIC Measures..Now with Pictures

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Well....As much as I hate to do it looks like I'll have to break out the Old School Benjamin Pump Rifles so I can afford to shoot lol

Supply and the MAN has made 22 ammo almost impossible for me to find out here in Lizard Creek
    so......going to brake out the Model 342 .22 cal and 347 .177 cal and give it a go I guess.

Damn you Mr. O

See link below very intresting IMHO

http://willowhavenoutdoor.com/featu...-pellet-air-gun-to-your-survival-gun-arsenal/

wuso6ulxt2610tw7goi.jpg

tte4547nk8jb4y2vi8d1.jpg

Last edited:

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Couple of nice ones! (and no I don't mean your avatar :D )

Thanks,

I knew you were refering to the Benjamin's...but I still like the way you think:}

Well, I shot them a couple of times; man the .22 cal pellet is a bad Mofo check it out!

The three holes in the end of the can are from the Model 342 .22 at approx 40'-50' with 8 pumps to the rifle.

po72olnd6846xq7fuaqk.jpg

zujtdcipx37olgijegjq.jpg

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    I've been doing air guns as a training tool for a while. Every so often you have to go back to the basics. Sight alignment, sight picture, squeeze, follow through. Screw any of those up and an air gun will be brutal in showing it to the world.

That a 500 pellet tin of top shelf match pellets is $15. That you can set up a 10m range in the garage when you're rained out. That you will be a better shooter once you get back to your cartridge firearms. That you can get trigger time during shortages of primers, bullets, powder, ammo, etc. All positives with no negatives.

My current air guns are the Crosman Challenger and IZH 46M. Neither were cheap but match grade guns aren't.
    http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosman_Challenger_PCP_CO2_Rifle_Open_Sights/1925
    http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/IZH_46M_Match_Air_Pistol/78

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Man, seeing those sure brings back some great memories!

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't have one as a growin' boy / developing hunter! :D

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Man, seeing those sure brings back some great memories!

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't have one as a growin' boy / developing hunter! :D

I agree totally Sir

Shooting these two air rifles are simply a seasoned citizen trying to relive my boyhood memories:}

I have the grandkids comming over tommorrow and selfishly hate to share them but I will:}

Material things can be replaced but memories last a lifetime IMHO so.......Chootem Chootem !!

We gonna Chootem.....

So I guess I should be glad for the 22 rifle ammo shortage lol!

Guess I better go out and get approx 15,000 pellets before eveyone gets wise lol

1o24lq9hhviazxvl9inr.jpg

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Don't let it get out, people will be buying all the pellets and bb's and selling them for 10c a pop. On the serious side though, some of these new pellet rifles are freaking amazing to shoot, and bb guns are a blast shooting cans all day. Cheap entertainment. Thanks for breaking those out Skiney, you made me want to go out and pick up one just for the heck of it. Currently we only have a Daisy red ryder that is used at least once a week for can competitions between my ole lady and myself.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Man, when I was a kid in Lakeview (New Orleans), the whole neighborhood had pellet guns. We had plenty of large tracts of wilderness and we hunted birds, squirrels, ducks, nutria, and anything else we could kill.

We would walk down the streets with them like it was no big deal. At times, there would be 5, 6, as many as 7 guys, walking down the streets with them. Never had to even hide them. No one cared; and if you didn't have either a Benjamin or Crossman, you were lame.

What a different time! And a great time!

What a difference a few decades makes.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Man, when I was a kid in Lakeview (New Orleans), the whole neighborhood had pellet guns. We had plenty of large tracts of wilderness and we hunted birds, squirrels, ducks, nutria, and anything else we could kill.

We would walk down the streets with them like it was no big deal. At times, there would be 5, 6, as many as 7 guys, walking down the streets with them. Never had to even hide them. No one cared;

What a different time! And a great time!

What a difference a few decades makes.

Yes Sir

I agree they were a Robin and Blackbird's worst nightmare in Bunkie, La. I guarantee..

s3grmz4f8dd5n60m8n.png

8pxll6s0soahlxse3q4.jpg

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    It'll never happen. My understanding is we need special permission to shoot Eurasian Collared Doves with AG's. They're an invasive species!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom