Ammo SHORTAGE DRASTIC Measures..Now with Pictures

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Been lurking for awhile, and my first post is about pellet guns.:)
    Anyway, I bought a Crossman TR77 pellet rifle for $80 on Woot a few weeks back. It is plenty accurate enough to take down birds, rats, squirrels, etc. but I don't know how effective it is because I don't like shooting things that I don't plan on eating. I can tell you that it makes ice cubes explode like the Death Star.
    Verdict:
    It was the best $80 I've spent in a long time. I am sure better pellet guns can be found, but that deal on Woot made it a no-brainer.

P.S.
    I am sure you could stuff it in a BOB if you are so inclined.:mamoru:

FANTASTIC....On the comment you made about not killing anything you wouldn't eat other then not eating birds, two out of three ain't
    bad:}

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    FANTASTIC....On the comment you made about not killing anything you wouldn't eat other then not eating birds, two out of three ain't
    bad:}
    Hey, I love eating birds. However if it is not a fish, I have no idea how to clean it. I only know how to hunt paper targets.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Hey, I love eating birds. However if it is not a fish, I have no idea how to clean it. I only know how to hunt paper targets.

LOL I heard that...

Nothing more fun then capping a rat with a good head shot:} IMHO

iaoo8niptz16ufvrwby.jpg

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    I would like to dispatch some of them, but I never seem to see any. I have seen possums, coons, armadillos, and even a coyote in my neighborhood. Maybe they ate all the rats.

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    Been lurking for awhile, and my first post is about pellet guns.:)
    Anyway, I bought a Crossman TR77 pellet rifle for $80 on Woot a few weeks back. This was about 1/2 price of online retail prices. My nephew and I have had much fun with this recently in my back yard. It is powerful (1000 ft/s), shoots cheap .177 pellets, has storage space in the stock, and gives a satisfying grin to my face. It came with a scope, but no iron sights included. My nephew loved the tactical look. I have to admit, the pistol grip is more comfortable than the traditional stock on my Beeman pellet gun.
    Performance:
    It is the spring version, so it is not as quiet as the new piston versions. In fact, I think the first shot broke the sound barrier. I was shocked at the decibel level, but now it has calmed down a bit since shooting a few hundred times. It is plenty accurate enough to take down birds, rats, squirrels, etc. but I don't know how effective it is because I don't like shooting things that I don't plan on eating. I can tell you that it makes ice cubes explode like the Death Star.
    Verdict:
    It was the best $80 I've spent in a long time. I am sure better pellet guns can be found, but that deal on Woot made it a no-brainer.

P.S.
    I am sure you could stuff it in a BOB if you are so inclined.:mamoru:

It's back on Woot if anyone wants a good deal.
    http://sellout.woot.com/offers/crosman-tr77-air-rifle-and-scope-5

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    For you airgun enthusiasts, I wanted to give a shout out to a company that really took care of me with an old Benjamin airgun issue. They have parts for almost all major brands.

Bryan and Associates
    www.airgunbna.com
    Out of South Carolina

They have alot of knowledge and the main dude Ron; knows his stuff.

Be warned! He's kind of a redneck and has ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE OF HUMOR; but he is honest.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Ok, I have the replacement compression gasket to fix my Benjamin model 347. Here is an interesting twist I've encountered. I have removed the old gasket and notice some pitting on the plunger spindle. I must assume that in its pristine state this pitting was not there?!? How this pitting got there in the first place is intriguing in itself, but here is my questions to those of you that have repaired your own rifles;

Should I sandpaper that pitting? It's not heavily scarred, but since it is intergral for the compression cup/gasket to seal tightly around the spindle; wouldn't it make sense?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Used a Dremel tool to buff the pitted surfaces of the spindle. Compression is fine. 5 pumps = 1/4 inch penetration in treated pine at 5 yards.

josh62685

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    houma, la
    This thread has inspired me to go to my dads to get my ol .22 benjamin. Gave it a good cleaning and waxed the wood. Cant wait to shoot this thing again. Its been over 10 years since ive shot it.

2013-04-13_19-50-22_364.jpg

Top Bottom