Ammunition Prices Increasing.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    With the wars in Ukraine and Israel gobbling up gunpowder and other elements of ammunition, the prices of ammo for hunters and plinkers in America are about to shoot up.

One of the nation’s largest ammo suppliers has just warned cartridge makers that gunpowder is getting so scarce that they will be jumping prices up to 10%.

Vista Outdoor, which owns several shooting sports brands including Remington, Federal, Hevi-Shot, and Alliant powder, wrote, “Due to world events our suppliers have notified us of unprecedented demand for and an anticipated global shortage of gunpowder, and thus has increased our prices substantially.”

Sales Vice President Brett Nelson added, "We must therefore raise our pricing to help offset those increases."

The letter was posted on X by cartridge maker Fenix Ammunition. It wrote, only half in jest, “The signs of imminent societal collapse are all around you.”

Secrets sent the post to Vista for confirmation earlier this week, and a company spokesman said the letter is authentic.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I've been packing my house in anticipation of a move. The good news is that ammunition was cheaper when I bought in bulk. The bad news is that when ammunition was cheaper, I bought in bulk! Ask my knees how they feel about that situation! Two-story living is no longer for me!
    To bad your way over in Miss. West I'd loan you a hand dolly or sum-thing?

Target Sports USA

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2022

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I've been packing my house in anticipation of a move. The good news is that ammunition was cheaper when I bought in bulk. The bad news is that when ammunition was cheaper, I bought in bulk! Ask my knees how they feel about that situation! Two-story living is no longer for me!
    I’m in the same boat, my friend! Just bought a house and now have to move all my heavy ass ammo… Oh well. Could be worse.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Well actually

ups man gets a box of .410 shells and cookies

USPS lady gets yard eggs all year and cookies , and hand crochet hat from wife

And FedEx lady gets the same as usps lol

Top Bottom