An Ungrateful Rant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    I'm tired of hearing retirement aged people complain about social security, medicare, and being on a fixed income. I'm in my mid-twenties. I respect my elders. I think I understand where they are coming from, but let's step back for some perspective here. Do you think I'm ever going to see social security? I doubt it. And this is Obama and the Democrat's America, aren't we're all on a fixed income? Who elected those politicians who pushed through the massive spending and entitlements that will rest on my children and my shoulders? I know it wasn't all those of retirement age, but it wasn't me. Retirement aged people lived through the economic booms of the sixties, eighties, and nineties. Why didn't you save any money? I've got no sympathy for you. I'll take care of my folks, but its time for austerity not sympathy when it comes to entitlements. At any rate, thanks for the lesson on saving for retirement and not electing patronizing criminals to office. I hope we can clean up the mess your generation made.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The elderly complaining about entitlements were in the position to make fixing the system much easier when they were younger.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    My favorite is when they start crying about "Today's Generation",
    as if to imply they had NOTHING to do with it.......
    Oh and TODAY's Politicians....of which, most of the worst ones have been there for 25+ years.

The success of your child rearing
    is seen in your childrens, children.

That's a Fact Jack!

I respect my elders and never argue with them,
    but man, I sure get a sore lip from biting it some days.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I'm tired of hearing retirement aged people complain about social security, medicare, and being on a fixed income. I'm in my mid-twenties. I respect my elders. I think I understand where they are coming from, but let's step back for some perspective here. Do you think I'm ever going to see social security? I doubt it. And this is Obama and the Democrat's America, aren't we're all on a fixed income? Who elected those politicians who pushed through the massive spending and entitlements that will rest on my children and my shoulders? I know it wasn't all those of retirement age, but it wasn't me. Retirement aged people lived through the economic booms of the sixties, eighties, and nineties. Why didn't you save any money? I've got no sympathy for you. I'll take care of my folks, but its time for austerity not sympathy when it comes to entitlements. At any rate, thanks for the lesson on saving for retirement and not electing patronizing criminals to office. I hope we can clean up the mess your generation made.

I'm a "retired older person" and I can assure you, not everyone fits the profile you are trying to put us in. I am 100% debt free, I have investments, and I resent the entitlement mentality just like you do. But Social Security in not an "entitlement" in the sense that you imply. All the money I paid in to SS all my life was squandered by Liberal politicians. Most of that money was wasted on people who paid nothing into the system. It is not unrealistic for me to expect some of it back. And guess what, I'm still paying Social Security taxes just like every other worker. I also feel sorry for the younger generations of hard working Americans who can see the waste of of their dollars into a bottomless pit dictated by politicians buying votes with our money.

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    Whenever I encounter a rude old person, I just remind myself that in 15 years I'll be driving my red convertible purchased as a result of midlife crisis, and they'll be dead. Then I smile and go on my way.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    I'm a "retired older person" and I can assure you, not everyone fits the profile you are trying to put us in. I am 100% debt free, I have investments, and I resent the entitlement mentality just like you do. But Social Security in not an "entitlement" in the sense that you imply. All the money I paid in to SS all my life was squandered by Liberal politicians. Most of that money was wasted on people who paid nothing into the system. It is not unrealistic for me to expect some of it back. And guess what, I'm still paying Social Security taxes just like every other worker. I also feel sorry for the younger generations of hard working Americans who can see the waste of of their dollars into a bottomless pit dictated by politicians buying votes with our money.

I'm one of those "younger", hard-working Americans who has between 15 and 20 years left before retirement. The politicians and bureaucrats are already saying that Social Security will be DOA when it's time for me to recover what I was FORCED to put into the system. How pissed off do you think I am knowing I'll get none of the money I've been putting in for more than 35 years?? If I could have invested that money, instead of giving it to the government, I would still have it at retirement and most likely made 3 to 4 times more money that it would sitting in the government coffers... :mad:

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.

Ok Hot Shot. I am going to be one of those old guys in 5 years (I'll be 65). First Social Security is not an entitlement. It is money that I paid & my Employers also paid into the system. Liberals are trying to make it an entitlement (otherwise known as vote buying). The Social Security Monies were used as a slush fund thru the years by Politicians, they borrowed hundreds of millions of dollars from the fund and never paid any back. Also most of us had retirement accounts (401's, IRA's, etc.) that went down the tubes with the Enron Scandal & the last time the market went to hell. Again most of this was allowed by our wonderful Politicians in D.C. I was fortunate in that I did not loose anything but many Old Folks lost everything. They will probably work until they die.

So Hot Shot think about what you are whining about before you put your foot in your mouth.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    I'm a "retired older person" ... 100% debt free... have investments... resent the entitlement mentality... But Social Security... not unrealistic for me to expect some of it back...
    Yep, that's me. I worked hard for 50 yrs, lived within (or beneath!) my means, saved and invested money, raised two kids thru college with no student loans. I have no regrets or guilt about living well now.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I'm one of those "younger", hard-working Americans who has between 15 and 20 years left before retirement. The politicians and bureaucrats are already saying that Social Security will be DOA when it's time for me to recover what I was FORCED to put into the system. How pissed off do you think I am knowing I'll get none of the money I've been putting in for more than 35 years?? If I could have invested that money, instead of giving it to the government, I would still have it at retirement and most likely made 3 to 4 times more money that it would sitting in the government coffers... :mad:

Sounds like you are mad about the exact same thing I am.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

So your saying that you feel Entitled to it...:rolleyes:

Guess what: you want it "back" you go after the people who STOLE IT.

NOT go STEAL it from someone who had NOTHING to do with the theft of your money.

You want (EXACTLY as I said) to STEAL money from Innocents -And feel ENTITLED to do so because someone ELSE stole from you!!!

The WORST kind of entitlement!! You KNOW what your doing, and DON'T CARE!

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    The social security system is and was a interest free loan for the United States government that they have defaulted on and accept no responsibility. It has funded and helped so many other governmental programs (such as welfare) and has done nothing for the people who pay into it. I'm only 22 so guess what.... I have nothing to do with how that system is screwed up today. No one does really. Think about it. It doesn't matter WHO we elect. To an extent sure but WASHINGTON does what it wants and will ALWAYS do.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    Sounds like you are mad about the exact same thing I am.

Damn right I'm mad. Who would invest in ANY stock or pension fund for 50 to 55 years, and as soon as you're ready to retire, the fund manager says: "Sorry, your account is empty. You not only lost the interest earned, but your principle is gone too. There's nothing we can do for you. Have a nice day... :redfinger:"

This is the ********, ponzi scheme that our government has been perpetrating on the American people for decades, and as always happens in any ponzi scheme, the last guy to put money in gets TOTALLY SCREWED!!!

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    So your saying that you feel Entitled to it...:rolleyes:

Guess what: you want it "back" you go after the people who STOLE IT.

NOT go STEAL it from someone who had NOTHING to do with the theft of your money.

You want (EXACTLY as I said) to STEAL money from Innocents -And feel ENTITLED to do so because someone ELSE stole from you!!!

The WORST kind of entitlement!! You KNOW what your doing, and DON'T CARE!

You're damed right I'm entitled to it (and so are you). My money was taken away from me without my consent for over 50 years. Now I have a chance to get some of it back and I feel NO shame in it whatsoever. I'm not the thief in this Government ponzi scheme, the governmant is. I'm just getting back some of what was always mine.

And like I said, I feel sorry for the younger generation who will suffer most in this. Your anger would be better channeled at those who are really at fault. Those who leech off the system and have never contributed into it. Food stamps, welfare, AFDC, EIC, public housing, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    You're damed right I'm entitled to it (and so are you). My money was taken away from me without my consent for over 50 years. Now I have a chance to get some of it back and I feel NO shame in it whatsoever. I'm not the thief in this Government ponzi scheme, the governmant is. I'm just getting back some of what was always mine.

And like I said, I feel sorry for the younger generation who will suffer most in this. Your anger would be better channeled at those who are really at fault. Those who leech off the system and have never contributed into it. Food stamps, welfare, AFDC, EIC, public housing, etc, etc, etc.

You're saying that rather than take a loss the scheme should continue, so someone else can pay for you. Difference being, we didn't have a chance to vote to fix this. The bag of **** we are being handed by your generation is much larger than when your generation got it.

Last edited:

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    You're saying that rather than take a loss the scheme should continue, so someone else can pay for you. Difference being, we didn't have a chance to vote to fix this. The bag of **** we are being handed by your generation is much larger than when your generation got it.

The voting public never had a chance to either institute the program or to fix it. And let's be clear, I and my generation is not handing you a bag of s***, Liberal politicians did that. And if those Liberal politicians had not raided the Social Security fund to pay for vote buying programs, SS would not be approaching insovency.
    And all of you mad young guys(and rightly so) aren't fooling anybody here. If you live long enough and SS is still there, I'm willing to bet my retirement that you will be in line just like me to get some of your money back.

All that being said, I agree with geauxbubba, this thread serves no useful purpose and should be closed.

Top Bottom