Annealing rifle brass

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishingFool

Calls the shot
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Metairie
    Does anyone have an automated annealing machine? Which one and how do you like it? I'm looking to buy one this week and wanted to see some personal experiences.

Thanks

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    The only truly automated annealer that I've been able to find is the Giraud. By that I mean it has a tray that you load all your brass in and it automatically feeds the brass. It's expensive and there's about a 12 week waiting list for one. All the others, such as the Bench Source you have to feed the brass in one at a time for close to the same price. As for looks, the Bench Source is cooler but again you have to sit there and feed the cases. If you have a lot of brass to anneal on a regular basis or you want to be doing something else while the machine does the work get a Giraud.

If, like me, you are only going to be doing 100 cases or so at a time the Anneal-Rite at ~$90 + the cost of 2 torch heads and propane tanks is a good deal. This is the route I choose. It only takes me about 1/2 hr to do 100 cases and most of that is putting the templaq on. After you get to know the timing and color your looking for you don't need the templaq any more cutting down on time.

Anyway if I get to the point of shooting more than 100 rnds a week I'll be getting on that waiting list for both the Giraud trimmer and annealer.

FishingFool

Calls the shot
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Metairie
    I'll be doing 400 piece of brass at a time. 200 of 45-70, 100 of 308, and 100 of 30/30 every quarter based on my shooting budget for next year.

That benchsource looks very interesting. I'll have to call them up.

Top Bottom