Another "I'm pro 2A but...."

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Well in his defense…democrats are trained who to vote for. They definitely don’t point to their honed mind in the decision making when it comes to picking candidates. He obviously supports turning a right into a privilege granted by the overlords.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    George Fournet is the owner of Post Exchange in Youngsville, where he offers concealed carry classes and training. This bill concerns him.

“I am pro-second amendment,” Fournet said. “I’m a gun shop owner, but I’m also a realist.”

The issue he has is this bill allows law-abiding citizens to conceal carry without prior training.

“This is the weapon (pointing to his head) and if the weapon is not honed, then you have nothing. The gun will not save you,” Fournet explained.

What a dirtbag. This guy could care less about the 2nd amendment, all he cares about is lining his pockets.

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    The trainer is upset he’s going to lose revenue. Every state surrounding Louisiana is constitutional carry and has been for years with zero appreciable increase is gun deaths of any measure.

Your god given rights are not trumped by someone else’s opinion or feelings. Hopefully with Edwards out the republicans can actually come through on this one.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How is this any different from our gangsters whom conceal carry every day?
    Keep the uneducated and whom can't hit the side of a barn in the dark.

I agree. In fact, we should have to have training and/or show proficiency for all of our rights. We should have to have a voting license. If you can't vote responsibly, you shouldn't be allowed to vote in major elections. You should have to submit your past voting record. If the powers that be determine you have voted responsibly in the past, you may vote in the future.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I agree. In fact, we should have to have training and/or show proficiency for all of our rights. We should have to have a voting license. If you can't vote responsibly, you shouldn't be allowed to vote in major elections. You should have to submit your past voting record. If the powers that be determine you have voted responsibly in the past, you may vote in the future.
    That's right, Preach it brother! and this stupid drivers license thingy with insurance, toss that in the ditch where it belongs!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That's right, Preach it brother! and this stupid drivers license thingy with insurance, toss that in the ditch where it belongs!

If we're making sure we have to have certification for everything we do, including exercising rights, why would we get rid of drivers licenses?

And I can't really preach it. I still waiting on my Free Speech License.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If we're making sure we have to have certification for everything we do, including exercising rights, why would we get rid of dicers licenses?

What ever you do don't whip out some sort of white privilege card thingy, It will get you booted out the Bisquit making contest.
    Shame one pays a fee for ones freedom?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If we're making sure we have to have certification for everything we do, including exercising rights, why would we get rid of dicers licenses?

You might want to consider editing or possibly removing this post. You’re speaking a bit to freely here. Did anyone even proof read or approve of this post before you posted it? Perez is a modern day outlaw around here.

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    Is that a bad thing?
    In this context, yes. Especially since this is the sh!t the gun control people love to latch onto. He needs to realize this goes further than his revenue stream. I'm all for one protecting their business right up until it infringes on the rights of others. And what's funny is he probably just did more harm to his business than constitutional carry ever would have

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Louisiana is full of "gatekeepers", it's so bad that Louisiana is the only State in the Nation to require a Florist License, to arrange cut flowers for a fee. They used the test as a control for decades, making and breaking businesses and individuals through subjective testing. They do the same with other tests like the Horticulture.

You also have to have a Cut Flower Dealer license...to sell flowers you cut.

You have to have a Nursery license to grow plants, even food plants, to sell to your community.

You have to have a Horticulture license, attained by passing a test with algebra and chemistry, to plant trees or even food crops for others for a fee. How many old farmers, rural uneducated farmers, or people with learning disabilities can break out the formula for calculating the cubic feet of mulch that they never use? Does that algebra have anything to do with planting trees or taking care of plants? No...and it has nothing to do with garden design or planting designs.

You have to have a License to Braid Hair for a fee in Louisiana.

These dumpster Democrats (R) have completely oppressed the people of this state and created a massive gap between the political/ruling/upper socioeconomic class and everyone else, and they walk amongst us.

"They" (D/R/Ruling Class) ruined education, industry, and every semblance of self-sufficiency from our common society, and now so many are so stupid that they keep voting these scumbags in.

When a 60yr old Politician goes from (D) to (R) you can rest assured that the only thing that has changed is which hand is paying them off. Louisiana is full of that, more than any State I know (but I have lived here the longest), because name recognition and personal popularity here is everything.

This stuff is simply designed to keep some people poor/victimized/state dependent by throwing roadblocks in their way, nothing to do with public safety.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Well in his defense…democrats are trained who to vote for. They definitely don’t point to their honed mind in the decision making when it comes to picking candidates. He obviously supports turning a right into a privilege granted by the overlords.

This is new to me that only the Democrats are the only party that works this way!

There’s so much more to life than these continued myopic views on anything that is different than whichever color you support.

Top Bottom