Another kid suspended for bringing an imaginary weapon to school

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knave

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    http://www.wafb.com/story/20974752/boy-suspended-for-imagining-grenade

LOVELAND, CO (KDVR/CNN) – A seven-year-old boy was suspended from school for including an imaginary grenade in his make-believe game called "rescue the world."

Alex Evans was playing a hero during recess at Mary Blair Elementary School when he threw an imaginary grenade into a box with pretend evil forces inside.

He did not throw anything real or make any threats against anyone.

His imaginary play broke the real rules. The school lists what it calls absolutes under the parent resources section of its website: absolutely no fighting, real or imaginary, and no weapons, real or imaginary.

It breaks my heart thinking about all of the dead imaginary people inside that box. Evil doers or not, imaginary people deserve due process and equal protection.

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    :doh:
    Wow,just wow..... you know, I think there needs to be an equivalent 0% No Tolerance law for school board and administration stupidity! :mad: This smacks of the PC epidemic running rampant. I wonder if they will ever come out with a vaccine for that!:shocked:

larryp44

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    It would be really helpful if law enforcement and the courts were just as hard on the criminals as our kids... Again, this country is upside down and backwards !!!!

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    This is crazy. I used to be Han Solo in first grade recess. Hundreds of imaginary storm troopers and guidos were murdered by my hand. To think I'd get suspended for that now just blows my mind.

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    I'm a murder suspect.......

I've killed so many GI Joe, Heeman, and army men in my younger years....:eek3:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Well, my 5 year old is going to cause me lots of trouble if imagination of destroying evil doers is grounds for suspension. He already has the hunting dinosaurs down pat, and crashing cars. Oh, wait, it is OK to kill someone with a car, never mind.

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    We will all be screwed if they start regulating the thoughts of adult minds, those who still have one. I killed 7 people on Essen lane on monday. (in my mind of course, maybe)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom