Another SBR paperwork question....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    When filling out the state forms, should the caliber of the gun match the federal form 1?

I have read you need to be specific on the form 1 and list, for instance, 223, 9mm 300 blk (and all other calibers you might shoot) as opposed to just listing "multiple" .... So should I list the same calibers on the state form, or just say multiple on the state form?

Thanks!

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    Yes, but you could just list the caliber that will be used "most" or what will be on the rifle in the safe on both forms. But yes it would be good to have both forms match but if just one caliber is listed on the state form I don't think it would be kicked back. Better safe then sorry I guess.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I have a form 3 that recently came through as "multiple." I have seen several people say it will get kicked back so I personally would not risk it. I haven't personally sent a form 1 with multiple so I have no idea. I did send a form 1 for a suppressor under my name and not my business name listed, ".260 REM - 338LM" and ATF approved it. It is for a homemade suppressor.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    If he did get one back with multiple he's lucky. "Multiple" is not a caliber so that's not an answer to the question. I don't think multiple would answer any other questions on the form like name, length of barrel and such. When 4c asks for caliber, gauge or size it has (Specify) in the same box

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    Thanks folks.....related question. In the Form 1, section 4C, it asks for caliber. The lower is marked, not surprisingly, with 5.56. This lower will be mated to a 300Blk and may never see a shorty 556 (ok, it probably will eventually).....so what do I put to be accurate. The caliber is supposed to be marked on the lower....If I say 5.56 to match the present markings on the lower, then once all the paper work goes through, I wont have a 556 on the lower, I will have a 300BLK..... ?????

Top Bottom