Another shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    There's already a few gun ban, mag ban, "assault weapons" ban bills in the works... This is just adding fuel to the fire....

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Interesting, that many of the police that responded are carrying ... AR-15's.

If these weapons have no place on the streets of our nation, then let's start with our civilian law enforcement agencies. I'm sure they'll be more than willing to hand them over.

Mike

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Interesting, that many of the police that responded are carrying ... AR-15's.

If these weapons have no place on the streets of our nation, then let's start with our civilian law enforcement agencies. I'm sure they'll be more than willing to hand them over.

Solid point! Chuck Schumer should ask the NYPD and every other LE agency in his home state of New York to turn them in to..............oh wait..............never mind!

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    says in the article, that law enforcement is asking the public not to divulge any "tactical information" on social media. Ok, good idea, and well understood. but there's a problem. 80% of the US population doesn't even know what they mean by "tactical information"..... Walmart and this grocery store are asking people to leave their weapons "at home" and not bring them into the store. Sorry, but if they're asking not to bring them into the store, that makes me want to bring it with me even more. Kind of like the New Orleans area. DO NOT get caught unarmed/prepared.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I think I agree with most every point made so far.
    I’d wager that the motive everyone is looking for has more to do with forcing a ban than anything else. When commiefornians started moving to Colorado years ago, there were a few folks that sounded the alarm and apparently it fell on deaf ears. Now Colorado has made one of the most drastic transformations the nation has ever seen in terms of gun control. Guess who’s next. Texas! They’ve already turned Austin into Lib-town USA and they’re now working on the rest of the state. They bring their crazies with them. I find it curious that these shooters go after civilian targets instead of any particular entity that may have pissed them off or that they believe may be responsible for some slight. I find it hard to believe that someone would choose an assault on random innocents over any other potential target. Then again, insanity offers little explanation, even if it’s deemed temporary. Perhaps this wasn’t a planned attack at all, but rather some psycho that got short changed at the register and walked out to his car and grabbed the AR ‘Like’ assaultz rifle and oversized extra high capacities clip magazineses and went in there on a tear and just threw a tantrum. Whatever the case, it always seems to boil down to the same thing. Lack of proper treatment for mental illness and the media, anti gunners and government running with the tragedy and attempting to turn it into a ban. Much like so many other mass shootings, we may never know the truth of the matter. Many will accept whatever story gets reported by the media but they rarely seem to be so straightforward. If you haven’t already heard the words from the media, keep an ear open for terms like, ‘how many more mass shootings will we have to endure before we outlaw these guns?’ or ‘maybe now the government will ban these weapons of mass destruction’. All I’m saying is no matter the specifics of each event, it always elicits one response from the left. A call to ban something. Bumpstocks were banned before any sort of final verdict on the Vegas shooter was announced.
    It’s strange that mental illness never seems to get the attention that a weapon does. I wonder what they believe is causing mass shootings, guns or people with mental illness...

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It’s strange that mental illness never seems to get the attention that a weapon does. I wonder what they believe is causing mass shootings, guns or people with mental illness...

We live in a country that effectively gutted its mental health infrastructure decades ago. We can point a finger at mental illness all we want, but without any sort of robust infrastructure to help people, what good does it do?

This is really where both of our political parties have failed us. Big insurance owns politicians in ways that the NRA could only dream of. The "Affordable Care Act" (which had nothing to do with affordability or care) was just another sellout for big insurance to entrench itself in our lives. It'll take the political might of Hercules to break up the cabal between insurance companies and healthcare and big Pharma—and until then, healthcare is going to remain in tatters as it is, and a lot of mental health issues will go undiagnosed and untreated.

And of course the weapon gets all the attention. Gun control lives in the same space as racism during the Jim Crow era. Back then, identifying the skin color of "criminals" was a great way to whip the public into a frenzy about the risk that some "people" presented. So it went then, and so it goes now with assault rifles. Which, I will note, the media has started referring to as "Patrol Rifles." This clever wording is undoubtedly being used to ensure that the police can continue to carry them.

Sadly, none of this has anything to actually do with gun safety. Wouldn't it be great if the federal government launched an educational initiative to teach people about real gun safety—how to use guns safely, how to store them, etc.? How many negligent discharges and accidents could be prevented with such a public safety campaign? It could easily be modeled after the sexual education public health campaigns that helped to lower teen pregnancy rates and the proliferation of STD's. Of course, the left would never go for this ... just as the evangelical right had a fit over sex-ed.

And thus, both sides of the political aisle shoot themselves in the foot.

Mike

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    This is 2 inside 2 weeks.

And as if on cue last night, several democratic lawmakers began pushing the current bills, in the Senate....

In the back of our minds, we all had a feeling this was coming. It always does.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Funny that there are so many mass shooting when democrats are in power. I do not believe in coincidences.

"On February 27, 1933, the German parliament (Reichstag) building burned down. The Nazi leadership and its coalition partners used the fire to claim that Communists were planning a violent uprising. They claimed that emergency legislation was needed to prevent this. The resulting act, commonly known as the Reichstag Fire Decree, abolished a number of constitutional protections and paved the way for Nazi dictatorship."

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    A year ago when life slowed down for everyone random mass shootings practically stopped. And now that things are getting back normal hectic the shootings are back. Not to condone the actions but there are people who just can’t fit in with society. They are lost. And at some point in the world of lost souls it became cool to take as many other people out with you.
    So many miserable people out there caught up in **** life, **** job, **** family, see nothing but **** news and hear **** music.
    I’d like to tell them all to Take a deep breath, move to a small town and spend some time outdoors.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    We live in a Godless society now that does not value human life as precious. Our children are taught that we are nothing more than another animal living on this planet. And people are surprised when people start to act like savage animals. People can say what they want about Christianity, but at it's core is to be kind, loving, and respectful to each other. It was why western society flourished when the rest of the world did not. This has all been in the works for decades. Remove God, turn people into Godless Heathens, and then use the savage acts of the heathens to strip the rights of the people away.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    We live in a Godless society now that does not value human life as precious. Our children are taught that we are nothing more than another animal living on this planet. And people are surprised when people start to act like savage animals. People can say what they want about Christianity, but at it's core is to be kind, loving, and respectful to each other. It was why western society flourished when the rest of the world did not. This has all been in the works for decades. Remove God, turn people into Godless Heathens, and then use the savage acts of the heathens to strip the rights of the people away.

The only thing being celebrated in America now is Sin.

Top Bottom