Any experience with XS sites for a Glock?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Looking to replace the stock sites on my 43x and came around the XS brand. These are more standard type sites, not the *big dot* I’ll put an optic on it sooner or later (probably holosun 407/507). Came across a post that said the XS pair pretty well with the holosun. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Looking to replace the stock sites on my 43x and came around the XS brand. These are more standard type sites, not the *big dot* I’ll put an optic on it sooner or later (probably holosun 407/507). Came across a post that said the XS pair pretty well with the holosun. Any thoughts?

Well, I will say first that if you plan on going with a red dot optic on it, plan to put suppressor height sights on it. Most of the RDO's do not allot for the use of the irons after the install unless they are already designed with a channel or the rear sight built into them. The Holosun 507x2 does have the channel (the more squared off version), however the 507 does not (the 507c X2 also does not). The 407k-x2 does, 407c-x2 does not, etc., etc. Just make sure you decide prior to purchasing either the sights or the optic which direction you want to go.

XS sights are great, however, I find that they shoot low. They definitely have their own aiming style. I have them on most of my pistols (big and normal dots) and even my AR's (45 degree). The last training I did with the sheriff's department, I was shooting a G26 with a set of big dots and had to make adjustments after most of my shots were low (still managed to scrape 100% though!).

I just put a set of normal dots on my G19 Gen3 and my Smith & Wesson 640 J-Frame. I even have a Walther PPK/s that was milled to accept a set of XS Big Dot sights.

That being said, I also highly endorse the Trijicon HD's. I feel like the XS and Trijicon's have the best target acquisition and re-acquisition.

I hope the information helps!

Last edited:

Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Thanks for the response. I was initially looking at supressor height sights and it seems like they're hard to find for the 43X. Do you know of any places making them?

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    XS big dot sights give you a weird sight picture. You have to put the dot on the notch. They are not the most popular sights and I don’t think you will find many competitors using non-standard sight styles for good reason.

I’ve used them in conjunction with a RMR and I never really paid much attention them when using the dot. They do offer XS big dots in suppressor height, but they are likely going to be for the double stack guns. They will be too wide for a G43/43X/48 slide.

Just get whatever sights you want right now and swap them later on when you get an optic.

rdass623

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    new orleans
    i have had the xs sights on my 48. they were ok. i found them to be a bit high and were constantly hitting things as i moved around. they worked themselves loose in the dovetail and required some peening to expand the metal to tighten the base. soon after, i decided to just go and install a set of tru-dot sights. a couple of light passes on the sides of the rear sight with a file (before installing) will remove the excess amount of sight in the dovetail. and makes for a really clean installation... also the green front, orange rear combo contrasts nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom