Any Mauser experts on here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjnspecial

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Is this a sporterized military rifle
    or a legit DWM rifle? Can you make out anything from the numbers on it?

IMG_6895.jpeg
    IMG_6895.jpeg
    IMG_6894.jpeg

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Not really an expert and not enough pictures, but it looks like a nicely sporterized 1908 DWM Mauser manufactured for Brazil. A lot of them were used for custom builds back in the day. It was made by DWM, but it is a sporterized Brazilian military Mauser in my opinion.

cjnspecial

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I agree with john17427 judging by the crest under the scope mount. Looks like it was done nicely. What caliber is it?
    Not really an expert and not enough pictures, but it looks like a nicely sporterized 1908 DWM Mauser manufactured for Brazil. A lot of them were used for custom builds back in the day. It was made by DWM, but it is a sporterized Brazilian military Mauser in my opinion.
    Is the "B" stamp for Brazilian? I'm not sure what caliber it is, didn't see anything on the barrel and it's not in front of me anymore. Anyone want to take a stab at the value?

Gumby Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2024
    Jackson Ms metro
    Not sure that’s the original barrel. It looks to be done very well, I have a ‘98 in 30/06 that’s shoots unbelievable. Yours looks to be an earlier model.
    I’m envious of the stock!

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The value of these rifles is all about the quality of the work done on it. The base action is an excellent one for a custom build. After that it's quality and condition of the barrel, stock wood, and craftmanship that went into it, and finding someone who wants it. Likely there are no caliber markings on it any more so your best bet is to have a gunsmith tell you cartridge it's chambered for. I would say bottom for this would be $400 even if it had a sewer pipe for a barrel. Can't tell what the optic is. That could push it higher depending on what it is.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ShootingStarr
    Top Bottom