Any Nissan Titan owners?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I've been very happy with my 08 Xterra, which is a frontier with a different body. No problems towing. 128K miles so far.

Issues: 05 to early 08 had a radiator issue with the tranny lines (look up Strawberry Milkshake of Death or SMOD). so far so good on mine!
    Other than that basic maintainence (brakes, tires, etc.) the only thing I had an issue with was a hood rattle and a window motor. No complaints.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    My sister and BIL have one of the earlier ones and that thing seems to be a decent truck with the exception of it being a gas hog and the paint peeling off of it. It is the dark red/maroon color and the clear is just coming off of it. I purchased a 2012 F150 XLT Supercrew almost 2 years ago and have had zero problems with it. It has the Coyote 5.0 and it tows my boat at least once a month. Boat and trailer are around 6000 lbs. When towing it really sucks the fuel at around 12mpg. Regular running around she is around 17-18 mpg.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    My sister and BIL have one of the earlier ones and that thing seems to be a decent truck with the exception of it being a gas hog and the paint peeling off of it. It is the dark red/maroon color and the clear is just coming off of it. I purchased a 2012 F150 XLT Supercrew almost 2 years ago and have had zero problems with it. It has the Coyote 5.0 and it tows my boat at least once a month. Boat and trailer are around 6000 lbs. When towing it really sucks the fuel at around 12mpg. Regular running around she is around 17-18 mpg.

My 2010 f150 with the p.o.s. 5.4 only gets 13.5 mpg. Of course I have 34.5" toyos.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    You mentioned that you wanted a cheaper truck than the F150 and Chevy trucks. The Tundra is a good, tough truck with an excellent reputation. The gas mileage is greater than the Titan. 60,000 miles and 5 to 6 years for mine with no issues. The interior looks brand new (I don't allow food in it). Most Tundras come with a factory spray in bedliner. 2009 models to current have safety features such as brake assist, electric brake distribution, stability / traction control, etc. My Tundra V6 no longer made does 16, 17 in town and 20 highway.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I also have a BIL who has a Tundra. It has the V8 and gotta tell you I like it better than my sisters Titan. If I had to choose between the two I'd have to go with the Yota hands down.

Top Bottom