Any other Beretta fans?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    They have a couple of beat Up beretta 96(?)s at a certain store I will not mention here :D for not a bad price however they both have rust and discoloring on the outside, white paint maybe...

Anyhoo are berettas easy to bring back to life? They appear to be on good working order I just need to know if they can be spruced back up easily

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    I love my Berettas. I have 2 92FS's, Tomcat, Bobcat & the PX4 Storm Subcompact. Don't have problems with any of them but yeah,...I feel the hate from alot of people, haha. The 92's I don't use for CCW (bc they're too big for me) but they're my go-to guns in the car & house.

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    They have a couple of beat Up beretta 96(?)s at a certain store I will not mention here :D for not a bad price however they both have rust and discoloring on the outside, white paint maybe...

Anyhoo are berettas easy to bring back to life? They appear to be on good working order I just need to know if they can be spruced back up easily

I am a huge beretta fan, and it is easy to work on them. People are always selling slides or barrels on the Beretta Forum, so on can easily get the larger parts. However, by the time ya do all that and spend the$ and time, i'd buy one in better shape if it were me

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I am a huge beretta fan, and it is easy to work on them. People are always selling slides or barrels on the Beretta Forum, so on can easily get the larger parts. However, by the time ya do all that and spend the$ and time, i'd buy one in better shape if it were me

That's what I figured. Thanks pal

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Love Berrettas,,,love the little 22 short Minx and for that matter,,,,all of the tip up barrel Berrettas. I have never owned a bad Berretta. Not saying they are the best gun out there,,,but they are all well made IMO.

leeshall

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Suburban NOLA
    What about that Beretta 92/96 adjustable target rear sight available from Beretta --- any good?? Anybody got any experience with it? Can this intellegent monkey install it without destroying either the sight or the pistol?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    What about that Beretta 92/96 adjustable target rear sight available from Beretta --- any good?? Anybody got any experience with it? Can this intellegent monkey install it without destroying either the sight or the pistol?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

I may catch a lot of cr4p for admitting this but my TAURUS PT 101p (which at the moment is my only beretta like pistol) has adjustable sights and I rather enjoy them. Mind you I have only set them once but I shoot better with that pistol than any of my others mostly because I got it dead on with the adjustable sights.

Just my 2 cents

P.S. Over 500 rounds through my trusty Taurus and I have never had a FTF/FTE or any real mechanical problem :)

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Add a factory "D" spring - $6 part.

The trigger on my carry gun with 3k thru it has a weight of just over 8lbs in DA, and a tiny bit over 4lbs in SA. GREAT trigger.

The D spring will take off over 3 lbs in DA mode.

does it shorten the trigger pull? It felt so long, or at least the reset felt very long.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    A good many people complain about the size of the 92's. Yes, they're big. Maybe bigger than a 9mm needs to be. But, their size, weight and design allows them to be one of
    the most accurate, comfortable to shoot pistols made.

You don't hear as much fanaticism about Berettas as you do alot of manufacturers, but anyone who appreciates fine firearms in general knows that Beretta makes some of
    the most reliable, accurate and beautiful firearms.

Hell, they've been doing it since 1526. That's right, 485 years of making firearms. I guess they learned a few things along the way.

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    My M9 civilian model is a great piece. Always wanted a 92FS and am glad I finally got this model. Have a Glock, Sig and other assorted pistols. Love them all, but the Beretta is pretty cool. Feels good in the hand kind of like my Sig P226 German. Very accurate and the look is classic.

SHIPWRECK, how hard is it to replace the "D" model trigger spring? Great looking collection.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    GREAT shooters, solid accurate tanks, They arent pretty IMO but they run run run run.

Im actually looking at adding a 92 FS to my collection SOON, bidding on 2 now on GB, if they go for what I'm willing to pay then I might join ur club.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Got a 92 INOX that's never leaving the collection. (I think my GF would kill me-- she loves to shoot it.)

It is the single most accurate/easy to shoot pistol I own. I never found the trigger to be all that bad, but I also shot maybe 20 (of several thousand) rounds in DA.

I'm the opposite of Guate-- I always thought they were sexy looking. Not sure how I'd feel about that wide open dust cover in a sandstorm, but that's a non-issue in most of the civvie world. Heard a lot about "reliability issues" being the result of a stupid gov't demand in a magazine contract-- phosphated interiors, IIRC. I also heard several things about them from guys in the sandbox, both past and present.

My take is that it's at the very top of the list... of range guns. I'm sure several departments still issue it as a duty weapon, and many did in the past. If you're willing to train the DA/SA, it's more than suitable as a defensive pistol. For most people, it's a bit large for CC. I EDC a 4.5" M&P 45 every day, but I find the 92/M9 a bit heavy. That said, I wouldn't be uncomfortable AT ALL trusting my life to one.

But yeah-- still a fan of the weapon.

Jdalton

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    I think the 92 is great (as ryan 316 stated) as a truck, bedside gun. My buddy jst got one and with over 2k rounds, no problems. That says something to me; its comfotrable to shoot and easy to hit with xpecially with 15 rounds. I know i need to get one, but the ar has to come first. I own several 1911s but im also a beretta fan, even tho i dnt have one yet.

leeshall

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Suburban NOLA
    Target - adjustable sights?

What about my previous question about the add-on adjustable sights available from Beretta for the 92FS? Anybody have any experience or heard anything good or bad about them?
    Thanks!

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    does it shorten the trigger pull? It felt so long, or at least the reset felt very long.

No, just the weight of the pull...

What about my previous question about the add-on adjustable sights available from Beretta for the 92FS? Anybody have any experience or heard anything good or bad about them?
    Thanks!

I'd go ask at the Beretta Forum. I've seen a few people with them there.

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Ok, I picked up #8 this past Saturday :)

8-beretta-label1.jpg

Top Bottom