Any range trips planned next weekend 12-14th?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I finish my last final on the 10th and would like to go to the range. Preferably somewhere that don't get mad if you shoot .50 cal. I have a couple new Barretts I'd like to use to sling some projectiles down range.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Damn dude a couple that is bad azz. Which models do you have? The only public place I know of that does not freak out about .50 BMG is Sherburne. I have shot my 82 there a few times. I have had LWDF guys come to the range after they "Heard" something going on but I asked if it was a problem and they said that it was fine to shoot that there.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I have a M107 and a 99 in .50. When I said I was bringing out two Barretts I actually meant the 99 bolt action I just got and haven't fired and a REC-7 in 6.8mm. I'm in Walker. I have seen the Sherburne WMA sign off the Atchafalaya bridge but never been there.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I've only shot the Barrett stuff through it. I'm eventually going to start reloading when I get the time to get all the components together. Other than a few shots here in there in Afghanistan I haven't fired a lot of .50. With that being said I've only shot at 100 and 300. I shot 2.5 MOA at 100 and 2 MOA at 300. Using the Leupold kit scope.

My 99 had the POS Bushnell 3200 elite. I'm anxious to see how bad the glass really is.

I hadn't fired the REC 7 either but don't have any optics. I can shoot fairly accurately out to 300 yards with an M16 as much as my eyes will allow without trying to fight with contacts or glasses. So hopefully I'll be able to duplicate those results with the 6.8.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Cool, all I have shot is the Barrett ammo as well and I have gotten similar results. I started a thead on another site to see what other shooters were getting and everyone agrees that 2-3 MOA is the best the gun can do. Even with AMAX hand loaded ammo. O well with over 11,000 ft-# muzzle energy just a hit anywhere will do I guess but I was a little disappointed it will not do better. I even called Barrett and talked at length with the guy that gives the armorer course in NM and he said that what I described was normal. I am contemplating selling it and getting a Cheytec M200.

Top Bottom