Any word on the Long Range Shooting range in upper St.Tammany?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    Haven't heard anything in quite some time about the Long Range Shooting range in upper St.Tammany...

It's been a year since the article was published about the permit issue...

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    It's been a couple of months since I have been snooping around out there. At that time only the VATA group had anything going. I think there was alot more preparation than they expected. I can only imagine the hoops they will have to jump through.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Greg Lapin (VATA) told me recently that they moved their operations to Camp Vilerre near Slidell.

Other than it being an Army National Guard base, I can find very little info about it. Greg said their Facebook page has the most UTD info on them but it looks like you have to be a member of FB to see it. Lots of people don't do FB - bummer for us.

zonblitz

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Slidell LA
    You don't need to have a facebook account to view the VATA FB page. It's set to public since many who like guns don't like social media. : )

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    I was wondering the same thing just two days ago. And who is the VATA group? Are they going to be the owners? I thought it was a farmer that was doing it. And I was hoping it would be a club type place that I could join and go anytime I wanted. Either way I don't see any mention of the range on the Vata group's Facebook page. So I guess no one has any information on it?

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Greg Lapin (VATA) told me recently that they moved their operations to Camp Vilerre near Slidell.

Other than it being an Army National Guard base, I can find very little info about it. Greg said their Facebook page has the most UTD info on them but it looks like you have to be a member of FB to see it. Lots of people don't do FB - bummer for us.

They've been utilizing the range that SPD shares with a couple federal agencies, some of the scenes in the clip recently linked on here were shot there, and they utilized my Tahoe when it was a couple months new to do some filming with some competitive shooter they were working with to produce a promo video or something. The aerial camera guy flipped and disabled his nifty quad-rotor helo mount during that shoot.

Top Bottom