Anybody carry any intermediate weapons?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    considered getting a can of fox OC for the car but i've heard in high heat situations like that the propellent leeches out over time so somewhat frequent replacement is necessary.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    you should check the propellant regularly anyway.

I can attest to the Freeze +P if anyone is considering what brand to buy... its nasty.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    In other states there are legal issues with non LEO people carrying an expandable baton. Are there any legal issues about them here in LA? Would a LEO consider an Asp in your back pocket a concealed weapon?

Just curious, I would like to have one as well.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    As far as I know, there arent any provisions for impact weapons regarding carrying them on your person. They make provisions for knives (vaguely) and guns, but I havent seen anything for impact weapons. I'll take another look and see what I can find. If you use it in a justifiable manner to protect yourself from a bad guy... I'd shake your hand probably (just dont quote that)

I'd recomend reading up on proper use of an ASP before you go swinging it at people, it wouldnt be hard to kill somebody with one if you hit them in the wrong spot, then you not only have to justify beating them, but killing them as well.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    considered getting a can of fox OC for the car but i've heard in high heat situations like that the propellent leeches out over time so somewhat frequent replacement is necessary.

I have Fox rated 5 million SHU @ 2% OC Now I am getting some Top Cop that is 3 million SHU but 10% OC cause its supposed to be much stronger.
    The Fox is marked Police Use but in research this seems to mean that it is a milder form I guess so as not to be so "brutal". I'm thinkin this stuff may play a lot of numbers on ya.

Dawg

projectx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2006
    im a state police officer, and i have had an monadnock (modified asp) for 4 years. ive only been a cop for 6 months. I have never used my baton untill i became a cop. It is mainly used for riot control. I have pulled it once in an a confrontation. The best thing is OC spray. I have been hit with freeze, freeze+p, and OC. OC is deffinatly the worst. It is an oil based spray so it actually sticks when sprayed. If you do feel safer with an asp, here is a diagram of what is legal to hit, and wher it is not. red areas, not legal, yellow areas, only when confronted with either knife or stick, green areas, only when confronted with bare hands. hope this helps.

S5030211.jpg

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    In other states there are legal issues with non LEO people carrying an expandable baton. Are there any legal issues about them here in LA? Would a LEO consider an Asp in your back pocket a concealed weapon?

Just curious, I would like to have one as well.

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78739

§95. Illegal carrying of weapons

A. Illegal carrying of weapons is:

(1) The intentional concealment of any firearm, or other instrumentality customarily used or intended for probable use as a dangerous weapon, on one's person;
    (emphasis mine)

I would like to get this repealed altogether, since it is an anti-self defense law with racist origins that is frequently used in a racist manner (see here: The Racist Roots of Gun Control), but in the mean time I would like to at least get our CHPs converted to CWPs. Until then, any LEO and/or activist DA could be fine you up to five hundred dollars, or imprison you for up to six months, or both. It is their call. How well do you know/trust the LEOs/DA in your area?

As always, open carry is OK.
    banana.gif

Last edited:

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    im a state police officer, and i have had an monadnock (modified asp) for 4 years. ive only been a cop for 6 months. I have never used my baton untill i became a cop. It is mainly used for riot control. I have pulled it once in an a confrontation. The best thing is OC spray. I have been hit with freeze, freeze+p, and OC. OC is deffinatly the worst. It is an oil based spray so it actually sticks when sprayed. If you do feel safer with an asp, here is a diagram of what is legal to hit, and wher it is not. red areas, not legal, yellow areas, only when confronted with either knife or stick, green areas, only when confronted with bare hands. hope this helps.

With all due respect, that is not exactly true. You can hit someone where-ever you have to, depending on what force is justified. What I am getting at is: you can hit someone in a "red area" if lethal force is justified.

Pertinent statutes:

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78336

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78338

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I keep a cold steel sf shovel in the back of my vehicle. It is a very "grey man" weapon. Who would think twice about seeing a mini shovel behind a truck seat or in a car trunk? Great emergency E&E tool in case of a local zombie outbreak.

ARmory04

Here...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2007
    Louisiana
    you should check the propellant regularly anyway.

I can attest to the Freeze +P if anyone is considering what brand to buy... its nasty.

Non-sense . . .! :D

Cap-Stun is THE dee doodle end-all spray . . . . I would venture to say that it might be better to smash your balls with a rubber mallet.:shocked:

With that being said, the Freeze I now carry only makes me sneeze these days, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom