Anybody know how to Fight a Village of Baskin, LA ticket?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    From what I understand, the speed limit doesn't actually change until you pass the speed limit sign. In other words, you are not allowed to go 65 MPH until you pass the 65 MPH sign. You are still in the previous speed zone.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    From what I understand, the speed limit doesn't actually change until you pass the speed limit sign. In other words, you are not allowed to go 65 MPH until you pass the 65 MPH sign. You are still in the previous speed zone.

Complete opposite of what was happening, I wasn't speeding up, I was slowing down. I will have to check to see exactly what the signs say, but I am pretty sure they are what I posted earlier in the thread.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I heard from a friend that his brother's cousin's sister's uncle said that if you keep on speeding they will quit chasing you after a while.

gotabyte

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Kind of funny that this is in Wikipedia as part of that dumps history.

"Baskin also holds the dubious distinction of being the town in Louisiana which derives the most revenue from traffic fines and forfeitures, according to the Louisiana Legislative Auditor. Traffic fines and forfeitures account for 84% of the town's budget.[1] It is recommended that motorists driving through town maintain a low speed and especially do not visit local businesses."

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge

"Baskin also holds the dubious distinction of being the town in Louisiana which derives the most revenue from traffic fines and forfeitures, according to the Louisiana Legislative Auditor. Traffic fines and forfeitures account for 84% of the town's budget.[1] It is recommended that motorists driving through town maintain a low speed and especially do not visit local businesses."

Yeah, I when I searched for Baskin to find information it was mostly speed trap stories. I just wonder what they could do if it is not paid???

luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA

Now that's just plain funny... And very sad!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Yeah, I when I searched for Baskin to find information it was mostly speed trap stories. I just wonder what they could do if it is not paid???

1. Bench Warrant for your arrest.
    2. Report to DPS and no new Drivers License issued until all fines paid including failure to appear..
    3. Then if you are stopped and the LEO checks 17's you may be arrested.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    1. Bench Warrant for your arrest.
    2. Report to DPS and no new Drivers License issued until all fines paid including failure to appear..
    3. Then if you are stopped and the LEO checks 17's you may be arrested.

Fun stuff for a village. When I composed my letter I refused to call the individual that gave me the ticket as a Law Enforcement Officer to not disrespect actual Law Enforcement Officers. Not much to do, and the hospital wifi blocks streaming sites from 8am to 5pm, might as well shoot off some emails and see if I hit something.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I just passed thorugh Baskin on my way up to West Monroe for Christmas with my mom. There are 4--count them--4 50 mph signs as you go through Baskin with one right in front of the Po Po. I am presuming that this is the same highway from Natchez to I20. Baskin is a one horse town so i don't see any other highways passing by it.
    It goes from speed zone ahead to 55mph then 50-50-50-50 then back to 55mph and then to 65mph.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom