Anyon have a Commie Barrel threader

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    What threads? I can order a die. I already have 1/2-28, M9X0.75(SIG Mosquito), and a few others.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    It isn't hard.
    You need a 14X1 LH die and alignment tool. I can make an alignment tool if I get the die.
    110-1066_IMG.JPG

Tutorial:
    http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=1988.0

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    I would guess the barrel has to be the right diameter to begin with?

In order to thread your barrel to 14mm to accomodate these brakes your barrel must be about 0.52" - 0.58" O.D. This diameter barrel is common among military AKs and SKSs.

A barrel can be removed, turned down, and reinstalled, if necessary but that's a lot of work.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    What threads? I can order a die. I already have 1/2-28, M9X0.75(SIG Mosquito), and a few others.

Derf, could you elaborate on the sig mosquito barrel threading? I have one, and would like for it to be threaded, would this basically be like the P22 barrel, and need an adapter?

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Derf, could you elaborate on the sig mosquito barrel threading? I have one, and would like for it to be threaded, would this basically be like the P22 barrel, and need an adapter?
    If you don't have a factory threaded barrel then your barrel can be modified, extended, and threaded.
    But, it is easier to just buy the factory "Conversion set Silencer version" that includes barrel (extended and threaded M9X0.75), thread protector, and wrench.
    I can make you a 1/2-28 adapter if your Mosquito has the factory threaded barrel.

Top Bottom