Anyone around Lafayette

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    Have the pins to figure out LS size and more knowledge than me to work on these?

I've got a FAL I built years ago, when they were cheap and got in over my head, either want to get it working or sell it for parts, can't remember if it's inch or metric (Imbel reciever).

Looking at it the extractor lines up nicely with the slot on the barrel so guess I got the barrel timing right? (I really don't remember much at all about building this one).

Also looks like the adjustment for the gas is screwed all the way out.

I do remember a test fire, tied gun to a tractor tire and a string to the trigger, that resulted it going bang but the round only came half way out, had to kick the bolt back since the case was stuck, and there was a long scratch on the right side of the case, no obvious bulging but couldn't finish extracting by hand. After that I tossed it in the back of the closet and forgot about it, until I went home for Thanksgiving this year.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    IF you want to drive to BR, I'll help you out, sounds like you may need more than pin guages though.

You can also get individual pin guages from msc. You will need each size from .250 to .270 Get the minus guages. about $2 each.

If you want to let it go, let me know that as well.

Top Bottom