Anyone Had Lasik?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    That's a different procedure than iLasik then. The one I'm having done can be "tweaked" if your vision changes over the next year. Basically lifting the cornea and redoing the surgery. If, and it's subject to happen, the procedure doesn't work I can go back to contacts quite possibly.

iLasik is the only NASA approved surgery for vision correction IIRC.

http://www.alexandriaeye.com/lasik.html

Last edited:

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    I wasn't a candidate for lasik. Thin corneas. My procedure was ASA. Found a doc in Austin that is one of the best at laser surgery. His clientile is military pilots, special forces, snipers along with NASA astronauts and average schmucks like me.

Dr. Stephen Dell. Brother of Dell Computers Dell.
    http://www.dellvision.com/

$5000 and worth every penny.

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    I wasn't a candidate for lasik. Thin corneas. My procedure was ASA. Found a doc in Austin that is one of the best at laser surgery. His clientile is military pilots, special forces, snipers along with NASA astronauts and average schmucks like me.

Dr. Stephen Dell. Brother of Dell Computers Dell.
    http://www.dellvision.com/

$5000 and worth every penny.

Looks like the ASA is the new version of PRK (what I had done due to thin corneas). I was told PRK can also be redone later on if the eyes worsen. Did it hurt? Mine was awful.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    They tested my corneas and they're thick-thick enough to cause false readings on some glaucoma tests. The ophthalmologist I"ve been seeing is David Fargason at Eye Medical Center. Have any of you got your Lasik done by him?

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Looks like the ASA is the new version of PRK (what I had done due to thin corneas). I was told PRK can also be redone later on if the eyes worsen. Did it hurt? Mine was awful.
    Yes it can be redone. I know cause I've had it done twice. My eyes were so bad that nobody local was willing to touch them. Doc Dell said sure and got me corrected to 20/40 on the first go around. Waited 9 months and went back for round two. 20/15 at last checkup. From front sight distance to infinity. Yeah, I need reading glasses but so what. I can see the sights for the first time in my life.

Todays procedure lays a contact lens over the cornea to act as a bandage while the cornea regrows. Comes off in 5 to 7 days. First time around pain was non-existent. Did have some discomfort on the second time around but only lasted for a couple days. The pain meds prescribed knocked the edge off.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Got my LASIK done Thursday morning and I'm healing nicely. I now have the eyes of an eagle ;-)

Top Bottom