Anyone have a S&W 15-22?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I'm thinking about getting one, but I would like to hear from people with one and how they like it before I do it. I'm really interested if anyone has experience with using their's suppressed.

Thanks in advance

JR1572

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    My son has one. He loves it and I have a blast with it as well. I thought if would jam like other 22's but nope it just keeps feeding. I will know soon how well it does suppressed. Filled out my form 4 a couple of days ago.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Love mine! Run a primary arms micro dot and silencerco sparrow. Runs awesome. Suppressed Cci standard velocity works great. I've got a video of my friend shooting mine posted here. It's using Remington subsonics in the video so half of the shots were louder than they should be. You can hear a couple 22 casings land in the plastic trash can next to me for sound level reference.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Love mine! Run a primary arms micro dot and silencerco sparrow. Runs awesome. Suppressed Cci standard velocity works great. I've got a video of my friend shooting mine posted here. It's using Remington subsonics in the video so half of the shots were louder than they should be. You can hear a couple 22 casings land in the plastic trash can next to me for sound level reference.

Awesome. The ones with threaded barrels are hard to find right now.

JR1572

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Yep very fun and reliable gun. That said, they feel much lighter than a 223. Didn't know if you were looking for something that feels identical in weight, etc.

JimmyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Berwick
    Just something to consider
    I have or have tried several 22 ARs for cross training. The best by far is the Nordic 22 upper. It will cost a little more than the M&P 15-22 but it will be well worth it if you want something that is a direct cross over

With the Nordic, you will use your lower so the important stuff stays the same such as the stock and safety
    You can change the handguard on the Nordic to whatever you have on your 223 upper
    The Nordic will also come threaded and will use standard Black Dog magazines

The bolt release won’t be the same but that’s a small price to pay as far as I’m concerned

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I've been threading a lot of those barrels. I've been able to shoot them to. IMHOP, much better than any of the conversions that I've had. In fact, I'm going to sell the ones I have and buy one of these for myself

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I've been threading a lot of those barrels. I've been able to shoot them to. IMHOP, much better than any of the conversions that I've had. In fact, I'm going to sell the ones I have and buy one of these for myself

Would you say it is better than a dedicated upper too?

Glocker

Avid Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    West Monroe
    I have the 15-22 Performance Center model that came with a factory threaded barrel, vltor stock, and hogue pistol grip. I was expecting it to be the typical .22 semi auto that hangs up a fair amount, but I have had 1 FTE out of a bunch of rounds fired. And that was shooting it dry.

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    Oops hit send. I have the Performance Center model, it is a little costlier, found mine online for $650 but you also get lots of upgraded parts. I didn't want to have to switch between uppers to shoot 22 and I wanted a reliable and accurate rifle and the S&W lifetime warranty sealed the deal for me. I've had one FTE in 2000 rounds. After shooting mine my Bro-in-law had to buy him one. Waiting on my Form 4 to come back to get a can, can't comment on that part.
    From my experience owning one, I think it's a hard rifle to beat at $400-$450 for a standard model with lifetime warranty that will accept all the accessories of the bigger rifles.

Top Bottom