Anyone here do windshield replacement?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Dump truck without a load cover dumped rocks all over Jefferson Hwy and one caught my windshield this morning.
    My old windshield man retired last year. I know I can go to one of the big glass companies like Safelite but I really appreciate the personal service of a one man operation.

Any recommendations?

killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    I got a good deal recently at Big River Glass on Beaumont Drive in BR. Not a one man operation, but a small local business.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Dump truck without a load cover dumped rocks all over Jefferson Hwy and one caught my windshield this morning.
    My old windshield man retired last year. I know I can go to one of the big glass companies like Safelite but I really appreciate the personal service of a one man operation.

Any recommendations?

Jeff Hwy in NO or BR? I've used Safelite on Reiger Road in BR. Accurate Auto Glass in NO is the shiz though.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Jeff Hwy in NO or BR? I've used Safelite on Reiger Road in BR. Accurate Auto Glass in NO is the shiz though.

BR. I've used Safelite before for chips. They did fine work but the wait was long.
    The individual glass guys come out to my place, which is a big help and my deductible ends up much less than when I go to the big shops. :D

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Oem glass.
    Make sure they prime the pinch weld.
    Make sure they use the oem foam isolator if so equipped near the base of the glass.
    Make sure they use a triangle type bead and tie the ends.

I went uber OCD on the shop that did my 370z 3 days into ownership. ...flawless job and did great.

Top Bottom