Anyone into ATVs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grasshopper

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    New Orleans
    Personally I would buy a stock 4x4 with no mods (used or new) and modify it yourself...Alot of the used atv's on craigslist and sportsman with snorkles and large mud tires have been rode hard.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Guess it's like buying a supercharged camaro, I'm pretty sure the previous owner didn't put the add on's for power just to cruise.... But yea find a used unmolested one..

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Personally I would buy a stock 4x4 with no mods (used or new) and modify it yourself...Alot of the used atv's on craigslist and sportsman with snorkles and large mud tires have been rode hard.

I have seen a lot of bikes "tricked" out but have never seen mud.

Don't be swayed by add ons, lots of people buy bikes with the hopes of riding and they sit.

Look at the bike and go through every nook and craney. If there isn't mud stuck in the crevices you "COULD" be in luck.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    What do you want to do with it? An Atv is no different than anything else. What you want it for depends on what you should go for.
    IRS or straight axle. Manual or auto. Mud or lease/land etc.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    500 hours and he wants $5500 is a rip off. Dealerships sell the new honda foreman's for $5500-6000 all day.

Here is a new 2013 foreman 4x4 for $5700: http://www.friendlyyamaha.com/2013-...-inventory.htm?ID=17876331&Brand=16&Type=1508

No ****! Found an ad from Honda of Laurel out of Ms, and been emailing back and forth with salesman. $5680 for a 2013 Foreman in Camo with electric shift, or $5680 for a 2014 with foot shift in red/green.

My main concern is reliability. Its really just for me to ride my children to the back of our property to our horses. Will most likely never see any real mud. Pretty sure I would rather foot shift, to be able to drive one handed. 4x4 is a must. Not looking to spend over $6000. Really just a family bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I've owned several bikes... Most all large and 4x4....
    My favorite bike out of them is my 2007 ozark 250. I take this bike everywhere I want (anywhere I took my other big bikes) except when it gets stuck it's easy as hell to get out. I just pick it up. So light. Also has a winch that works because the bike isn't so heavy. PLUS unlike the others it moves much more agile in the woods getting deer out. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396925258.280912.jpg

grasshopper

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    New Orleans

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    dsc00104wv.jpg

I have a Rincon and the electric shift just seems weird. I don't know your experience with 4 wheelers, but if you can try one out the electric shift and the manual shift. Then look at other brands with the variable transmission. Then choose what you like.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    I have always been a Honda fan, might as well go with 450 or bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always been a Honda fan as well. I bought a Rancher 420ES 4x4 for me and a Recon 250ES for the wife. Don't dis' the Recon, it's more capable than one would think in the right hands. I've ridden plenty of Foreman 500's, and they are a great bike, just a bit on the large side for me. My Rancher is so much more nimble in thick woods and can go thru most mud just fine. My son has a Polaris Sportsman 500 and it is a BEAST, a big, heavy pig of a beast. But it pulls it's butt off. It can drag my Rancher anywhere it wants to.

Top Bottom