Anyone Register a Harbor Freight Trailer?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    To get the registration do you have to bring the trailer to the DMV or can do you just go there with the Statement of Origin or whatever it’s called?

If you have to bring the trailer to the DMV I don't want it. It's on sale next month and don't know when I'll actually get around to putting it together.

Thanks

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    My dad has one (Alabama). Brought receipt to DMV to prove he paid taxes, paid registration, and put the tag on when it was built.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Buddy of mine did a few years back. It was a hassle and can remember all the bs he had to go through.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    It shouldn't be too much of a problem. Bring the Manufacturers Certificate of Origin and the bill of sale to prove you paid the taxes. That's what a dealer does when you buy a new car. I would call the DMV or one of those private license plate places to be sure.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I can only relate my experience. I registered a home made trailer years ago. I had to bring it in to the State Police to get a VIN stamped on it and they had to inspect it for fenders, lights and chains. It was quick and easy. I would assume that if you already had a VIN on it, which it should when you buy it from Harbor Freight, that you would not have to bring it in. They should be able to find all the info. they need from the VIN. But as BarryJ suggested, call the DMV or a private company. They should be able to give you a better answer than what you would get on a gun forum.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    A homemade trailer needs to be brought to the state police to have a vin assigned. A harbor freight trailer should already have a vin on it.

Top Bottom