Anyone shoot an IAC Hawk 982 12Ga. shotgun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Has anyone owned or shot an IAC Hawk 982 12ga.? I was wondering if they with hold up to occasional use. It'll stay in my bedroom for home defense, maybe get shot 4 times a year.

I know it's a Chineese copy of the Reminton 870 and I should be giving my money to keep Remington's union employees working and to help George Soro's Cerberus Capital Management maintain it's profits so George can donate money to the anti-gun Democrat's in the next election. That I shouldn't give my money to the ChiComs even though the US government borrows billions from them to buy Obama phones and fund EBT cards.

I just want to know what peoples experience with it has been.

Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    You have answered your own question - why lower your standards? BUY the Remington 870 12-gauge ... :ohreally:

Last edited:

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    You have answered your own question - why lower your standards? BUY the Remington 870 12-gauge ...

My own question is "Is this shotgun worth the $250 price tag?" Which I have no clue having never touched one. A Remington 870 w/ ghost ring sights would probably cost $490.00 IF I could find one. I could see spending the extra $200+ for a Remington if I was going to hunt or shoot sport clay but it'll just sit im my bedroom getting shot once or twice a year for practice. I'd rather put the cash I'd save toward that 1911 that's on my bucket list.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Have shot one- they work.
    Nothing too fancy but they are fine copies if you don't have the coin.

If you aren't going to do anything with it but shoot for fun a few times a year, go for it.
    However, if it is your primary home defense gun I'd advise you either buy a Remington 870 and shoot it a few times to figure if there are any kinks with it or buy the IAC and figure out what the kinks are prior to relying upon it.

Just my .02.
    Hope it helps.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    I have transferred a few and they look OK. My concern would be the metallurgy. It should be OK for what you need it for.

But honestly, the best suggestion was to check pawn shops and buy a used 870 in bad cosmetic shape. Cut the barrel at 18.5" (you don't need sights or a 3" chamber for home defense use) and call it a day.

sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    Got one a while back for a barn/bike gun. Was going the pawn shop route for a used 870 but didn't find any. Stopped by academy and was OTD for less than $200. Got a ten % discount cause a scratch on barrel. I have not been nice to this gun and it has ran fine. It has eaten everything i put in it from bird to buck. It seems to be getting better ( smoother )with age

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I got one in the shop. I was just curious as to how it would look and for 200 buck i wasn't going to be out much. Soooooo I bought it into the shop. I think that it's really meant for a home defense gun that might get shot once or twice here and there. I have a 870 that I put a surefire light on about 5 years ago and I might have put 20 rounds through it.

I guess what I'm saying is that as long as you are getting it for a "just in case" gun, I don't see anything wrong with it.

If anyone wants to check it out, come by the shop.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm ONLY gonna use it to defend my life with, so I want the cheapest one possible.

Sorry, can't follow that logic. You shouldn't be cheap when it counts, and if you're keeping it as a defensive weapon I would hope you'd put more than a few shells through it a few times a year.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I'm ONLY gonna use it to defend my life with, so I want the cheapest one possible.

Sorry, can't follow that logic. You shouldn't be cheap when it counts, and if you're keeping it as a defensive weapon I would hope you'd put more than a few shells through it a few times a year.

Apparently this thought process has been going around lol. Madness!

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    I have a h&r pardner defence i picked up which is an 870 clone. I paid 197.00 with tax out the door which i thought was a great price i have shot over 50 rounds out of it and no issues of yet. I installed a blackhawk four position recoil reducing stock on it and i love it.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond

Can't follow the logic that a 500 firearm won't fail either. I've seen may pistols fail when firing from retention after the first round.

I've never done a scientific study but I'm willing to bet that there are grossly more individuals who purchase a firearm for "protection" that maybe shoot that firearm less than 3 times in their life. If it were me I'd love to see the public become more involved in defensive shooting classes, but the fact of the matter is that it doesn't happen. That's a shame.

Looking at the internals of the shotgun its pretty much a copy of a 870.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Can't follow the logic that a 500 firearm won't fail either. I've seen may pistols fail when firing from retention after the first round.

I've never done a scientific study but I'm willing to bet that there are grossly more individuals who purchase a firearm for "protection" that maybe shoot that firearm less than 3 times in their life. If it were me I'd love to see the public become more involved in defensive shooting classes, but the fact of the matter is that it doesn't happen. That's a shame.

Looking at the internals of the shotgun its pretty much a copy of a 870.

I hear ya man. Agree completely on the training thing, hence the progression to a quality firearm. If you're gonna trust your life to something you should a) know how to use it and b) make sure it works. If you can't do that because you're afraid your cheap gun won't handle the "abuse" of becoming proficient with it...well hell that's just all kinds of wrong.

As someone else pointed out, it's not so much the design as it is the material and build quality that concerns me. Things are cheap for a reason.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I hear ya man. Agree completely on the training thing, hence the progression to a quality firearm. If you're gonna trust your life to something you should a) know how to use it and b) make sure it works. If you can't do that because you're afraid your cheap gun won't handle the "abuse" of becoming proficient with it...well hell that's just all kinds of wrong.

As someone else pointed out, it's not so much the design as it is the material and build quality that concerns me. Things are cheap for a reason.

Yeah I agree. Remember a while back where a lady locally fired something like five shotgun rounds and didn't hit the guy in her house. There goes the pitch on "just have a shotgun for defense.....all you gotta do is point it in the general direction".

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    I have a Pardner Pump Defender. Says it's made by Hawk Industries on the receiver and is an 870 clone so although I'm not familiar with the 982, I think it's probably pretty close to the same gun. Bought mine New from Academy and immediately had to send it to Remington to replace a defective shell latch. Never had a problem since. Going on about 300 rounds now. I think they are good guns. That being said, 870's aren't expensive either, especially used. One more thing, not alot of parts are interchangeable between these guns and the 870. Almost everything on here is proprietary.

One thing I forgot to mention, I also own an 870 Magnum and the Partner feels like a better made shotgun. It is noticeably heavier as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom