Anyone travel state to state on a weekly/bi-weekly basis for their job? Need advice.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USEY

Louisiana Trash
    Rating - 84.6%
    11   2   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Hammond Louisiana
    I’m starting a new job that will require me to potentially travel from one state to another on a weekly or bi-weekly basis from job site to job site. A lot of these states are north and some north east. I will be gone from Louisiana for weeks and sometimes months at a time. Anyone do something similar?

What are my options for bringing a couple of guns with me? Would like to atleast bring an AR and a pistol with me, is this possible even though I may be driving through hostile states. I know federally you can drive through a hostile state as long as your gun is unloaded and locked up but should I even risk it? Is it even worth it?

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I would definitely check with each state. Going north Arkansas honors La. cc permit as does Mo. but Arkansas requires rifle to be unloaded and cased . Mo. law mirrors fed law and is very gun friendly with the exception of St. Louis .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    Going north, Illinois is the NO GO state. Then going east of Illinois, anything past Pennsylvania is NO GO. Keep everything cased and unloaded unless you have a CHP and are in a reciprocal state.

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    While laws might be more relaxed for carrying a rifle around, that might make your more suspicious. Get a CHP, figure out which states owner it, and only carry a pistol there. Also while traveling, I would put it in a lock case, and find whatever gun range is nearby where you are staying. If asked, say, I am working this area, and on my days off, I want to practice shooting.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Seriously , I wouldn't bring anything that couldn't be replaced at a reasonable cost . Definitely research the gun laws of the states you will travel through . Some cities and counties have their own ways of doing things . Do your homework .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom