Anyone use a firearms inventory iPhone app?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Just wondering if anyone has used one of the apps offered to help keep a record of your collection....I've looked at a few that are promising; just wondering if anyone has found one that's as good as the developer says it is, based on your experience. :)

Thanks!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Call me tinfoil crazy, but if it can be put on the phone, it can be sent to "the cloud".

Nothing beats a good ole sheet of ruled notebook paper.

Well, FWIW....The first one I checked had a nice "don't blame us, if..." disclaimer. ;)

Anything is possible, I suppose. I can't say I personally know anyone who has had hacker trouble with the IOS- but I'm not to be confused with Steve Jobs, either, so.....:dogkeke:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I use gun log +P on iPhone. It's a nice and very well organized program.

That's one that also allows you to keep a log of your ammo, right? It looked promising (I think it's called Gun Log SPC, now).....Thanks

Bradb4178

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Ruston / Baton Rouge
    Im not sure if this one is on Iphone as i have an android but i use Gun Vault Pro. Its the paid version. It keeps up with your guns and their round count as well as letting you take pictures of them. It keeps up with your ammo.as well as gun laws, NRA news feeds, finds local gun shops and ranges, as well as finds stores you can sell your guns at. I am very pleased with it.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I can see y'all's paranoia about having a list of you collection electronically tappe by someone who shouldn't see it. My question is what's another viable option of keeping a record with pics and serial numbers in case it would be needed to identify a stolen weapon? There has been an increase of home break-ins in my area and one of the things I hear are being targeted are firearms. Hard copies could easily be grabbed by the perp stealing it and I'll be S.O.L.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Get a Tupperware bin sized accordingly and put it up in your attic. I keep a set at my dad's house incase of a fire but I have copies saved on a zip drive along with other important information with both Tupperware container and the extra hard copies at my parents I feel safe enough if something we're to happen

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I keep just the serial numbers and bills of sale. The pictures and marks is a good idea though that would be simple to put on a zipdrive as well I'll probably do this when I get home even hard copies printed at Walgreens although the heat might distort them in the attic once the summer heat gets to them.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Spend about 40.00 on good home inventory software. If there's ever a fire you'll definitely need this if you expect your insurance company to pay you for every little fishing lure, gun part and tool that you own. Trust me, I've been in the business for 24 years. I use a product called "My Stuff Deluxe". It records still photos as well as video along with very detailed purchase/warranty and product information and the location in your home.
    Most people aren't aware of the true total value of every little object they own. After taking inventory of my possessions I realized that I had underestimated my insurance coverage needs by 84,000!!

kw4570gov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2009
    I use Microsoft Excel, create a spreadsheet with the fields of info you want. It is quick and easy and you can print out a hard copy and/or store it on your PC and several flash drives to keep at several locations.

Kent

Top Bottom