Anyone what AK this is?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigboi

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    southwest LA
    ive had this ak for a while wondering the worth and what it is plz help
    ak.jpg

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    It’s a 5561. You can tell about a barrel bulge, Blake, gray gas block, ventilated hand guard markings on the receiver and the 551 magazine release…

If I had to guess it was an older import, just to get a 551 lower is around $2000

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    I have to wonder if you're trolling because you clearly just put the rail on and the brand and model numbers are on the box in the pic. If not, I'm concerned that you weren't able to discern the info you seek off all the information right in front of you

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Yup I smell a troll lol
    I have to wonder if you're trolling because you clearly just put the rail on and the brand and model numbers are on the box in the pic. If not, I'm concerned that you weren't able to discern the info you seek off all the information right in front of you

Bigboi

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    southwest LA
    u had to kill the fun huh

Bigboi

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    southwest LA
    As others have said looks like a sig 551 with a nice acog on it. Is it reliable?
    ye buddy runs a elcan on his and i couldnt steal his look and use mine so i went with a spare acog i had
    wanted to use a leup mk5hd 3-18 to test with but i would need to get higher rings and im saving for a spur mount

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    In any case, it's not an AK. SIG doesn't make any AK that I know of. It's just in the same caliber and has a similar operating system.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    i would say it is a ak imo
    bolt is like pretty much all there
    Kalashnikov made a prototype that was almost a sig rifle iircView attachment 164435
    They are similar, but the SIG has an adjustable gas system that makes it also similar to the M249 SAW. The AK series rifles do not have an adjustable gas system.
    You can call it anything you like, but you are the first person I've seen to call it an AK.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    They are similar, but the SIG has an adjustable gas system that makes it also similar to the M249 SAW. The AK series rifles do not have an adjustable gas system.
    You can call it anything you like, but you are the first person I've seen to call it an AK.
    This kind of made me curious personally because I didn’t know much about this rifle but it looks very similar to an AK. I googled Sig AK rifle and several threads came up of it on why it is and why it isn’t an AK.

After looking into it a bit I’ll say it’s not a 1 for 1 Kalashnikov AK but it’s pretty dang close. Call it whatever you want just don’t call the magazine a banana clip for Gods sake!! lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ShootingStarr
    Top Bottom