Anything But Glock pictures thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Na Na my friend here's a Throw Down Saturday Morning Special won't last till Sat. Nite lol

4o0g9t4yijwe1cctv1o.jpg

Have to ask what's that thing worth? been looking for a SNS ,22lr revolver...

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    It's refreshing to know that there are alot of non-glock fanatics out there proud of their non-glocks!!!

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Wrong. It's an AC556.

JR1572
    that's not a Ruger mini 14 with a shorter barrel?
    Coulda fooled me.

Ruger offered a selective fire variant of the Mini-14, the AC-556, to police and military customers. AC-556 models have a slightly longer receiver (shared with early production "series 180" models) to allow for full automatic operation. These models are available with features such as short barrels and bayonet lugs. The Mini-14GB model is a semi-automatic variant for police and military use with the additional factory options of a short barrel, folding paratrooper stock, flash suppressor and a bayonet lug.

So, it's a select fire? Or is it a mini 14GB?
    I can see the selector, so yes, it's a AC556
    DCI used them, in a longer barrel configuration at some point (for all i know they still may)and a few came up missing under a warden who moved on to another prison. Interestingly enough, his son had a AC, which I got to shoot on a few occasions. Having grown up with a mini 14 and later purchasing 2 mini thirty ranch rifles, I found it a kick in the ass to shoot.

But I digress. A mini 14 SBR! Interesting..

Last edited:

mudgrip92

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    destrehan la
    My good old faithful Remington 7600 270 that I got for my fifteenth birthday and I'm fourty now and she's my all time go to never had a single problem with. The 1911 is my backup against the hog population. Taurus pt1911 45 with a compensatior. Yea it looks like a bad shot but was going for head shot at a full trot at 50 yards so I'm kinda proud but lost some good meat on that one.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365168406214.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1365168406214.jpg
      105.2 KB · Views: 94

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Then there's my other "pistol" (sbr) that's sure to be a winner with those who love heavy steel handguns.

pGnhh.jpg

Wait you have an Obrez!? I have wanted one since I got my first Mosin!! did you make it? I want one so damn bad!!! When you out shooing again!!!

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Sorry to be off topic but what knife is that gus? Me likey! :D

Great Eastern Cutlery (Northfield) Pattern #42 "Missouri Trader"

If you like more traditional knives, Great Eastern Cutlery is a new company (2007) that has been reviving older patterns and making them they way they used to be made. They make three brands that use the same patterns:

Great Eastern Cutlery: Generally SS steel is used.
    Northfield: Their Cadillac Line with fancy pinched bolsters, rat tail groves on the bolsters, fancier scales, Swedged Blades, all done in 1095 Carbon Steel
    Tidioute: Their more basic line without all the fluff, all done in 1095 Carbon Steel

The 1095 knives will develop a patina.

They do shorter runs of older patterns: http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/

Last edited:
    Top Bottom