Appleseed event at Palo Alto

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I would plan on doing most of your shooting with the .22 rifles. You will use a lot of ammunition, and using an AR or a Garand at 25 meters is a waste of money. The Garand will give you experience with the recoil, but unless you know how to properly shoot first, this will be more of a hindrance than a help. Also, if you know how to properly shoot, the recoil is pretty inconsequential. As for the AR, IMHO, at 25 meters, your just making more noise and wasting more money. I would also leave the optics at home.

Thanks!

The thoughts on centerfires were just for events like Palo Alto that went out to 200 yards. One hundred is a chore for me with open sights.

eliska

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    New Orleans
    We will have some additional LA events booked soon.
    Some ranges will only allow .22 rimfire (like Camp Villere in Slidell), but the rest of our LA ranges allow CF rifles. As General Mills said though, it's cheaper to learn/practice with a .22. But we encourage you to use whatever rifle you have. Some folks will shoot a .22 on Saturday and then switch to CF for Sunday. That's a great compromise.

Top Bottom