Appropriate guns for CCW class (check for appropriates)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Appropriate or Not for CCW Class

• 6 Inch Colt Python .357 Magnum

Votes: 19 32.8%
    • 8 Inch S&W Model 29 44 Magnum

Votes: 11 19.0%
    • 2.5 Inch Rohm RG-8 .22 revolver

Votes: 12 20.7%
    • S&W Model 37 Airweight 38 Spl

Votes: 36 62.1%
    • Springfield XD-9 SC 9mm

Votes: 43 74.1%
    • EAA Witness .45 Compact

Votes: 29 50.0%
    • High Standard Plinker .22 semi-auto

Votes: 12 20.7%
    • Desert Eagle .50 AE

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    As I mentioned in my recent message my wife and I are considering taking a CCW class, which has brought me to thinking about appropriate, and therefore inappropriate guns to use in the class so I thought I would offer a fun poll for everyone to rate some potential options:

Last edited:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    As I mentioned in my recent message my wife and I are considering taking a CCW class, which has brought me to thinking about appropriate, and therefore inappropriate guns to use in the class so I thought I would offer a fun poll for everyone to rate some potential options:

Any kind of pistol is appropriate. Some instructors want something more than a .22, but there is no legal reason why you couldn't use a .22 if you wanted. Literally, any pistol will be fine as long as you can operate it.

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Ditto, The last two times I renewed my lic. I brought my 22 Ruger, Its a lot more fun to shoot 36 times... and the instructor did not mind...
    Any kind of pistol is appropriate. Some instructors want something more than a .22, but there is no legal reason why you couldn't use a .22 if you wanted. Literally, any pistol will be fine as long as you can operate it.

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    Out of the above list, the only one I don't have is the Desert Eagle, but my newphew does have one that I am sure I could use, also did not list some of the variations (only listed one CZ clone, I have 4 including one real CZ, etc)

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Your poll still doesn't make sense. Do I check if it's appropriate or not appropriate? In my opinion they are all appropriate though the .50 AE will get some strange looks from the rest of the class.

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    check for appropriate, I added that perhaps after you loaded the page, multiple choices are allowed

I don't have an AR pistol or Tech Nine though :)

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    Well I plan to carry the XD-9 SC (if I carry, it is my truck gun now, and will likely stay that way), my wife wants to take the class, but has no current plans to carry

I see the Python and the Rohm each have 1 vote so far, that might be an interesting pair to show up with, the only question is which one do I get and which does my wife get

Last edited:

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Trust me the only way you will be able to get you wife to shoot a weapon is because its fun, and a heavy recoil weapon is not fun to a girl... you shoot what you want to and give her a 22, she will like it...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom