Approved to dealer?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    How long have you waited after being approved for the stamp to arrive?

Picked up my first one friday(11/20), got curious and looked at the stamp. Says approved 9/23. Ive heard of a couple weeks, but 2 months?

And for those that are wondering, this was a form 4 transfer with my check cashed on 6/20. 3 months was pretty quick for an approval.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I've waited a month but usually see them in 2-3 weeks from approval.
    Recently checked on a form 3. They said that it is common for them to get lost in the mail.
    They advised after 30 days from approval if it had not arrived by mail to get the dealer to send in a fax for a duplicate.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Probably should have had them mail a new one, but they keep saying 5 months so I wasn't really concerned about it. Just odd it shows approved back in September and it wasn't until I emailed the dealer to see if they had gotten a rejection or correction needed or something and magically it showed up the next day.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Daddy-O

Pally
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    Wherever the party is
    From what I've read, they are generally quick (2-4 weeks). However, I had one last year that took 3½ months on Form 3 between dealers. Fortunately, the Form 4 part wasn't terribly long. Granted, the one I had was likely a fluke and it was during a time in which the forms were taking a while for pretty much everything.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I had 3 form 4s approved on the same day. 2 arrived at dealer in less than two weeks took an extra week and a half for the third to be delivered. Go figure.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    it all depends on who was shuffling the papers at the atf. Approved status only means that the examiner approved it.

Did you expect that the ATF would be efficient?

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    IDK who is doing yalls paperwork but everything now a days is 30-60 days on approvals or more and they are kicking them back for corrections like crazy for minor stuff. No period, dont put LLC, put INC, don't put INC, we lost your F2 you name it.

Very rare is it less than 4 weeks.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I heard that they were kicking them back for wacky stuff.
    One I head of recently was not having United States on the fingerprint cards under citizenship.
    More than I can count on 2 hands I have sent in with fingerprint cards with for 4's, none had that block filled out and approved

Last edited:

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    IDK who is doing yalls paperwork but everything now a days is 30-60 days on approvals or more and they are kicking them back for corrections like crazy for minor stuff. No period, dont put LLC, put INC, don't put INC, we lost your F2 you name it.

Very rare is it less than 4 weeks.

Not talking about approvals, talking about mailing the stamp back to the dealer once its been approved.

The paperwork for my stamp was approved on 9/23, yet the dealer says it arrived on 11/16. Was just wondering if almost 2 months was the norm right now, because I had another form 4 waiting to be approved. I guess its not the norm, because that suppressor is at another dealer, filed over a month later and they just called today to say they received the stamp.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Wow that is a long time. Mine were approved around the same time and my dealer had the stamps very shortly afterwards except for the third but they were all there in under a month.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    They are normally mailed with in a few days of being approved but I have had some that for whatever reason were mailed about 4-6 weeks after they were approved. It all just depends. Hard to say what all goes on over there.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    squidnutz06
    Top Bottom