AR-10 Build (New Pics)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The combination of boring nights (I have the night shift on this job) along with the internet to check out AR parts is an evil combination. I spent most of last night looking at some SWEET AR-10 pics on AR15.com and it gave me the bug to start adding to my Armalite AR-10A4C with the SIR upper that I own. The gun is still stock except for a Hogue grip that I have put on it (not on in pic). I have taken off this scope and put it on an M4 I have. The voices in my head talked me into an impulse buy of a Magpul PRS stock, Magpul trigger guard extension, and some rail covers tonight. Short term I plan on adding a Harris bipod with quick detach and a NM 2 stage trigger. The voices are getting louder by the minute BUY NOW BUY NOW. Long term I plan on buying a AR-10T uppper, putting a Dainel Defense Quad rail on that upper, and sending it off to have the barrel threaded and coated. I do not like the shiny stainless. I will post some pics as the build progresses. Here is what I am starting with.

Last edited:

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    I ordered my Noveske N6 21" upper today :bravo:! Decided to go with a Noveske Upper instead of the Armalite AR-10T. It comes w/ a 4 rail installed, the barrel threaded and for $85 going to get it coated in black (I was going to do all that aftermarket to the AR-10T). . Plus the AR-10T did not come with a bolt carrier group or charging handle which the Noveske does so really it works out to about the same price. The only thing that really sucks ass is it is an 8 week wait. My BiPod and NM Trigger are on the way and if the USPS doesnt bring me my PRS Stock today we are going to have issues. Anyway I will post pics as it put I all together.

Last edited:

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Well the stock and bipod w/ the ARMS QD adaptor are here. Unfortunatley the buffer spring, buffer tube, and buffer are not going to be here until next week SOUR! So the stock really does me no good. But I did install a MagPul trigger guard and slapped on the BiPod. Still waiting on the NM Trigger and some more rails to come in.

So far in this pic
    Hogue Grip
    Magpul Trigger Guard
    A.R.M.S. SIR Upper
    Harris Bipod w/ A.R.M.S. QD
    Spec Ops Mamba Sling

Last edited:

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    I am still waiting on my Noveske upper but here is my carbine upper complete.

Magpul PRS Stock
    Hogue Grip
    Magpul Trigger Guard
    Armalite NM Trigger
    A.R.M.S. SIR Upper
    Magpul Rail Covers
    Harris Bipod w/ A.R.M.S. QD
    Leupold Mark4 3.5x10x40 M3 Turrets
    Leupold Mark4 30mm Rings

Last edited:

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    I am @#$&ing Pissed. Emailed Noveske to see what the status was on my upper that should have come in this week (this being week 8 of the 8 week wait I was told when I ordered it) and got this reply.

"All 7.62mm Orders have been delayed. These might not ship till June. Just to give you a heads up. your order will remain active and will ship asap. If you need to cancel we understand. Your card won't be charged till the item is ready to ship."

WTF :mad::mad::mad: MY AZZ IS :flamed::madfawk::puke:

I am sick and tired of getting the shaft from these vendors. Don't write checks your azz can't cash. If you tell me that is back ordered and it could be months then fine I understand. But dont give me a time frame and then not own up to it.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Sorry to hear about the deal with Noveske. Everybody is backordered out of their ass. I was considering the same thing. Damn I wanted to see that thing complete. Your carbine is sweet though.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Well FINALLY!!!!!!!! It came in, after 5 1/2 months waiting. Here is my Noveske 21" upper. I had the barrel coated black and put on a few extras. Hope you enjoy.

Magpul PRS Stock
    Magpul Winter Trigger Guard
    Hogue Grip
    Armalite NM Trigger
    Leupold Mark 4 rings
    Leupold Mark 4 Tactical 3-10x40
    Noveske 21" N6 upper
    Barrel coated black in KG coating
    Tango Down Railcovers
    Harris Bipod w/ ARMS QD.

Last edited:

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    That is one nice looking rig. I am thinking of getting the same barrel or maybe 18", going to kind of long with the can on it :D, and do some long range work.
    Glad you finally got it.

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    You need to get that straight before she becomes the wife. I had the sickness before me and mine meant so she knew what she was getting into.

Eh, honestly, she knows what she is getting into. Truth be told, I could have an AR10 tomorrow, but I would have to hear the complaining for a month or two. :) I just strategically plan out my purchases to keep the mood at home fairly happy. Can you blame me? :rofl: Women are crazy!

Top Bottom