AR-7 as primary .22 rifle?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    That's great. The AR-7 does what it's supposed to do but little else. It's very light, very flimsy, and the ones I've shot were jam-o-matics. But if you can have only one gun and you were "out there" it would be a good survival rifle.

Saqqara

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Slidell, LA
    I bought the Remington 597. Decided on a scoped deer rifle, so wanted a similar .22 for practice. A scope would have spoiled the portability of the AR-7. Ruger Takedown would have cost twice as much by the time I put a scope on it.

Saqqara

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Slidell, LA
    Yes, without scope, whereas the Remington has one bundled at the same price, and I really like it's more adult sized synthetic stock, great shape to it. Not knocking the 10/22 at all, I had a sweet one in stainless previously. Just thought I'd try something different this go round. I don't want to go nuts on accessories and end up with a $500 .22 in a time when I can't get the ammo for it. I ordered a 30 round clip, an sling and mounts, I'm done. I told the snot nosed sales clerk at Dick's, this reminds me of the story The Red Pony by Steinbeck, where the dad gives a kid a 22 rifle for Christmas, but makes him wait for the following Christmas to get a box of ammo for it. (I do have 150 rounds or so, and hope to use it judiciously as I don't want to enrich the scalpers.)

Top Bottom