AR magazines

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    I've only got 3 types: D&H, Pmags, and Hex Mags.

All three work flawlessly in my 223 and 300BLK. I've been very impressed with all three. I hate that the D&H mag price seems to have gone up a buck or two since I last made a purchase! Go figure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    If you've shopped at Gun Mag Warehouse in the past month or so check you CC statement. They got hacked recently and a lot of people had fraudulent charges from it. They got me for $1400 on my debit card, but the bank took care of it.

Thanks for the info. Yes I had some fraudulent charges to my credit card. I have no information how it happened. The fraud people for my credit card called me last Friday evening and asked if I had made 4 charges to a Kohls department store in Chicago. They immediately closed my account. Only 1 of the charges was completed. The other 3 were stopped while happening. I went to Credit Union that does my banking and got a statement. I immediately completed paperwork to contest the remaining charge. I was reassured it would be resolved to my satisfaction. And again thanks for the info the Gun Mag Warehouse was hacked. I'm not gonna stop doing business with them. All vendors are vulnerable to this happening to some degree or another. I hope they are not negligent in protecting me.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have Pmags, D&H, Troy, and Lancer (both old version with the metal lips inside the plastic, and new version where the metal lips are exposed).

I can't say I have a favorite. I do like that my old lancers, I can see how many rounds are in the mag when I grab it. BUT it won't seat a full mag on all of my rifles, only some.

My Pmags are great, and work flawlessly in all my rifles, BUT some lowers are tighter and it takes effort to insert the mags, and they won't drop free unloaded.

D&H mags work in all of my rifles so far. Just worry about "crushing" the aluminum body sometimes, say dropping a loaded range bag with empty mags inside can pose a problem supposedly.

I haven't had enough time with the troy mags, but initial impressions are, it looks like a GREAT alternative to the PMAG but at the price point of an aluminum mag.

I plan to go to honey island next week, pending weather. Maybe I'll bring a few of each (gen 2/3 pmags, D&H, GI, Troy, Lancer L5 and AWM) and see which ones drop free the most consistent, easiest to insert topped off mag, and feeding reliability (I feel they all should be reliable though).

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I usually buy PMAGs when I see them 10/$100 or less, but earlier this year PSA had the D&H mags with Magpul followers on sale for $6 each, so I bought....quite a few. They're still wrapped in groups of 5 or 6 in some Saran Wrap looking stuff. I may break a few out for service but really just bought them for the next crazy freakout.

Top Bottom