AR Stock Installation Problem *Pics added*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Is there any way I can get it threaded with more threads??

I would return it to where you purchased it.
    The tap used to cut those threads on the lower are 1-3/16"x16 TPI, If that helps. If you did successfully cut new threads, you would have non-anodized aluminum, which (I think) could possibly gall up. Maybe someone with more machining experience will chime in and let you know.

Dan877

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Jena
    Looking at the photos on Ace's web site, the threads on your stock look to be the same length as the ones there, I guess that's just how they make 'em.

If you just really don't want to send it back, just looking at the sloped shoulder on the extension tube it looks like you could take a round file and gently relieve the back of the hole in the receiver enough to let the tube screw in that last couple of threads. If you went slow and only removed the minimal metal necessary I don't think it would really harm the receiver, but still I'd really have to think about it before I did it if it was mine.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I would NOT cut my receiver to fit that stock. And that comes from the guy who cuts everything up !
    Isn't that a pinch bolt right behind the threads ? Should be able to loosen that and pull it back right ?
    I'd have to have it my hands to tell for sure but it doesn't look right.

EDIT; you are just a few threads short. Can you measure it ?

Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    3 pages without the obvious answer ? CALL ACE AND ASK THEM WTF. They made the thing. Talk to their technician.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Maybe it's a commercial tube and larger than mil-spec thus not letting you screw it in any further. Just my two cents. Check with ACE and see what they say.

Top Bottom