AR Upper $270 shipped on Gunbroker

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    it appears to have at least a charging handle i the pic. is that and the BCG included?

This is taken from the 2nd line of the ad:

This upper assembly does NOT include a bolt carrier group and charging handle.

You can still get a PSA upper for $299 + $15 shipping - http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...ped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

I'd say spend the extra $45 now and save a bunch of frustration later but that's just me :dunno: I cheaped out once on an AR upper (JSE Surplus) and it was frustrating to say the least (gas block moved, had feed issues with certain ammo, etc)

cranedriver

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    North Mt. Hermon, La.
    Yep no bcg or charging handle. PSA and Del-ton wait times is what made me pull the trigger on this one. Seller has a website but uppers are about $20 or $30 higher on it. I should be putting rounds through it Saturday morning if its junk I will repost it here. Every upper I have ever bought I always go through them check headspace etc.... before firing.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Yep no bcg or charging handle. PSA and Del-ton wait times is what made me pull the trigger on this one. Seller has a website but uppers are about $20 or $30 higher on it. I should be putting rounds through it Saturday morning if its junk I will repost it here. Every upper I have ever bought I always go through them check headspace etc.... before firing.

PSA only took about 2 weeks to ship my coworker's upper :dunno: Not a long time compared to the 4+ month wait we had on the Spikes group buy

cranedriver

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    North Mt. Hermon, La.
    Sorry guys got tied up at work and forgot to post back. The upper is definitely GTG. I broke it in with 200 rounds of Fedral before swapping to my reloads. Accuracy was very good just shooting six inch steel plates at 150 yds with just iron sights. Don't really have plans to put a optic on it but may just to see how the groups are off the bench.

Things that suprised me about it was when checking it out everything was assembled well and the gas block was a yankee hill railed block. It also came with warranty info from GAR arms. So seems they stand behind their product. May pick up another to stick back in the safe if I can convince myself out of a 300 black. Gotta love AR's.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom