Archery for 5 y/o

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    My 5 year old son has developed a desire for archery. What do ya'll recommend for him? Compound,recurve or long bow? I have almost 0 experience with archery so this will be both new to us. I have a working knowledge of it....enough to know what to do and what not to do. I do have the basic principle down....sort of, and we will both be studying this sport together. I pretty sure i want a compound for myself and almost certain i want a compound for my son as well. Ya'll give me the 411, please.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    A $50 special from Academy. Be it a long bow or a compound bow just as long as he control it.
    Consistency and repeatability is key in any skill level. Draw back to the same anchor point Every time, same sight picture Every time and know when to stop when either or you begin to tire.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    My son has a kids compound bow- rope strings and maybe 10 pound draw, it was $30 with a couple arrows. It will help them get the basics down until they can handle a bigger one. I was at academy and cut the zip ties on the pack and let him pull it back to see how it fir him. Cant remember what the name is, banshee maybe?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    And penetrate almost as well.

Try Kee's Archery online. They make some very nice, inexpensive (under $50) small unfinished wood longbows and recurves. Many have a #25 to #35 draw weight. Much nicer than the plastic crap Academy sells.

blackwater26504

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Recurve that's what i learn on in the young Marines. It teaches you alot about the fundamentals on pretty everything.

Top Bottom