Are cops 'frienemies' of the Constitution?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Nice article, Nolacop. One thing I don't like is the quoting of legal (not lawful) precidence. All too often a bad decision is used as legal precidence.

I, too, like helping people and THINK I'd enjoy (some aspects) of being an LEO. I also KNOW I'd get into trouble for refusing (quietly) to enforce much of the laws on the books (particularly carrying weapons).

The issue, from my perspective is that the persons who are looked at sideways by many persons here did not have a decent and thorough education of the Consitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence, Magna Carta, etc. and have that knowledge firmly grounded into American Civics.

If enough held Liberty in as high esteem as some of us here do we'd have far fewer incidents/issues.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    LOL, NOLACOP...NOPD was out stealing over 200 Cadillacs from Sewell Motors, killing people on bridges, and burning bodies in cars and deserting their posts when the National Guard arrived on the scene and started to put the lid back on. We're not talking about perfection here. It was about MAKE IT HAPPEN. You guys simply didn't have the resources.

Last edited:

Roadhazzard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2008
    Near Monroe
    Military had no ammunition when I was getting shot at.

Wow, I didn't know you had gotten shot at during that time. I would love to hear the story from someone who actually lived it instead of the dumbass media.

I personally know a man who was an NCO in the national guard back then. He said they were in the Super Dome and one of his men accidentally fired a round back in some of the hallways or whatever up under the stadium seats. It was funny how he described his Commanding Officer having a hissy fit to the point of damn near having a stroke. He described the entire experience as a Cluster Frell of epic proportions.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Wow, I didn't know you had gotten shot at during that time. I would love to hear the story from someone who actually lived it instead of the dumbass media.

I personally know a man who was an NCO in the national guard back then. He said they were in the Super Dome and one of his men accidentally fired a round back in some of the hallways or whatever up under the stadium seats. It was funny how he described his Commanding Officer having a hissy fit to the point of damn near having a stroke. He described the entire experience as a Cluster Frell of epic proportions.

Not an exciting story. my vehicle took indirect fire from a treeline, and the other I will not talk about.

Ask PosseCOmatosis, his stories are much better because he either makes them up or gets them offline. Plus, he helps you out by only talking about the really juicy parts that support his conveluted "point"

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The AP was very very wrong. The actual number stolen was 6, some 10 more were used in the city. Most of the vehicles in the lot were flooded. Maybe 200 woulda been stolen but their weren't 200 in working condition.

Top Bottom