Are Gas Tax Increases on the way?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Great more taxes for *roads and bridges*. Where have I heard this one before?

https://thehayride.com/2021/02/loui...taxes-mississippis-is-eliminating-income-tax/

Rep. Jack McFarland, who has decided the way he can succeed Clay Schexnayder as the Speaker of the House is to get all of the road contractors behind him in the person of Ken Naquin, the lobbyist for Louisiana Associated General Contractors (LAGC), is bringing a bill at the legislative session which starts next month that will raise gasoline taxes by as much as 22 cents a gallon. This will supposedly bring down the backlog of road projects that a succession of incompetent state leaders have let build up to some $13 billion, but the state’s bloated Department of Transportation and Development never seems to chip away at that backlog no matter how much tweaking to its funding the legislature does.

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    DE309C2F-C677-478A-8B76-03300C7074A2.jpeg

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    If they are going to raise gas tax they should do the following.

1. Each project has a tax increase associated with it (example this project would increase tax by 2 cents, these 4 projects by 1 cent etc etc)
    2. Tax increase doesn't happen until the 5 consecutive days happen. If the project stops for 30 days taxes are suspended until it is restarted.
    3. Each tax increase has an end date, which is a hard date. If they don't get enough too bad, and if they get too much, good for them, but it has a hard date.
    4. Have a 2 cent increase to pay off other road debt, in case other tax increase doesn't pay off the projects, this will end once any current and the added projects are paid off.
    5. No loan can be longer than 5 years.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If they are going to raise gas tax they should do the following.

1. Each project has a tax increase associated with it (example this project would increase tax by 2 cents, these 4 projects by 1 cent etc etc)
    2. Tax increase doesn't happen until the 5 consecutive days happen. If the project stops for 30 days taxes are suspended until it is restarted.
    3. Each tax increase has an end date, which is a hard date. If they don't get enough too bad, and if they get too much, good for them, but it has a hard date.
    4. Have a 2 cent increase to pay off other road debt, in case other tax increase doesn't pay off the projects, this will end once any current and the added projects are paid off.
    5. No loan can be longer than 5 years.

Nah, Everything goes into River ranch roads and drainage, King Louie places like that.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I guess Belle Chasse really get's Fecked. We will have a new Toll Bridge at a cost of $800M+ over 30-years AND we pay increased gas taxes for everybody else's non-tolled projects.....yeah, that seems fair:rolleyes:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Gas is up what 36cents since Joe and da hoe were sworn in?
    At that rate we should be back to horse and buggies by August 21

I’m doing my part to go green. I’ve put up a clothesline so my leftist neighbors can see it and complain to the HOA. Then I will tell them I’m using solar and wind technology to dry my clothes. They should be proud.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I’m doing my part to go green. I’ve put up a clothesline so my leftist neighbors can see it and complain to the HOA. Then I will tell them I’m using solar and wind technology to dry my clothes. They should be proud.

Awesome and Thank you for saving us from rolling black-outs, Yall keep that on the west side of the Sabine.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    With GM's recent announcement that it will phase out internal combustion engines, look for the next batch of tax proposals to include a "mileage tax" where the .gov gets data directly from your vehicle and taxes you for how much you drive.

MPHymel

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 30, 2021
    SE LA
    we heard that, with all the refinerys that went down with that freeze, that there would be a shortage and prices would increase. I thought it would have happened by now, just thinking how quickly that occurred after Katrina. Hopefully they get them plants back up.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom