Arizona House, Senate OKs 'funeral protection zone'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    mixed emotions because of they gray area around 1A but in spite of that I hope this sort of legislation will sweep the country. there's a time and a place for everything and no one should intrude on a funeral.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    mixed emotions because of they gray area around 1A but in spite of that I hope this sort of legislation will sweep the country. there's a time and a place for everything and no one should intrude on a funeral.

I agree that it is totally horrible what Westboro and others do at funerals. It is sickening.

On the other hand, I REALLY do not want government regulating, even more so, free speech on public property. I mean, is it really free speech if you can only exercise it when, where, and how they tell you that you can?

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I agree that it is totally horrible what Westboro and others do at funerals. It is sickening.

On the other hand, I REALLY do not want government regulating, even more so, free speech on public property. I mean, is it really free speech if you can only exercise it when, where, and how they tell you that you can?

are cemeteries considered public property just because the public is usually allowed unrestricted access during certain hours?

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    are cemeteries considered public property just because the public is usually allowed unrestricted access during certain hours?

I am thinking more of outside the place where they are holding the funeral on the road, outside the cemeteries, etc. That is where the protesting goes on. If they are on private property, screw em lol.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central

Can't have it both ways on this issue . Climb down off the fence and take a stand .

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Can't have it both ways on this issue . Climb down off the fence and take a stand .

I know. On cases like this, you have to try to look at it without emotion. If people want to picket on the street then they have the right to do so. However, other people also have the same right to stand in front of them ;)

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I am thinking more of outside the place where they are holding the funeral on the road, outside the cemeteries, etc. That is where the protesting goes on. If they are on private property, screw em lol.

This law should have zero effect on any free speech. No one who is even only partially sane should want to protest at any funeral.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The only question that I have is why the hell are these sorry (explicative)'s going to "protest" a 9 year old girls funeral???? I understand , I don't agree, but I understand why they are "protesting" these other funerals..Homos that died from AIDS.....Soldiers that fought for something that believed in and died for it....... BUT A 9YEAR OLD LITTLE GIRL!!!!! If this is their new "Modus Operandi" they are going to be busy. There are little girls dieing every day. Some die from getting sick, some die from car accidents, some even die from Cancer. What was the reason that they have given for the "protest"? Is it because she was shot? Is it because of the publicity that they will receive from this? I am a Christian and I don't see the justice in this. I don't see Christ in this. I don't see Gods hands in this. This is my Honest Opinion.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    These clowns have made a lot of money by sueing people that have interfered with their right to protest . The funeral of a 9 yr old girl is about as emotional of an event as you can get . It will be hard for some people to contain those emotions . Maybe that's what they are counting on .

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    These clowns have made a lot of money by sueing people that have interfered with their right to protest . The funeral of a 9 yr old girl is about as emotional of an event as you can get . It will be hard for some people to contain those emotions . Maybe that's what they are counting on .

Who wants to take one for the team?

/pulls straws out of pocket.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    The only question that I have is why the hell are these sorry (explicative)'s going to "protest" a 9 year old girls funeral???? I understand , I don't agree, but I understand why they are "protesting" these other funerals..Homos that died from AIDS.....Soldiers that fought for something that believed in and died for it....... BUT A 9YEAR OLD LITTLE GIRL!!!!!
    They have a belief that that everything bad that happens in America is b/c America allows gays to exist.

Plus protesting @ a dead person burial stirs the pot and gets a lot of publicity.
    They want to get a reaction and then sue when someone tries to hurt or block there attempts to protest.

:)

Top Bottom