Armed citizen assisted in capture of cop killer in TN

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .45-70

1911-2011 aw yeah!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Does Tennessee have an 'Ole Sparky? I sure hope so. Hopefully an older model. One that may, or may not work the first go round.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Does Tennessee have an 'Ole Sparky? I sure hope so. Hopefully an older model. One that may, or may not work the first go round.

That is exactly what I was thinking when I finished the article. Crazy story for sure, glad he was eventually brought to justice. When the officer went to his trunk and pulled out the "AK15 Bushmaster" the story got a little confusing. Did this officer get to make use of his rifle or was he already hit and unable to use it? Wouldn't a .223 have the ability to penetrate the BG's vest? Damn shame it all went down like it did I hate hearing about crap like this happening.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Just like Mas said- the law-abiding armed citizen and the police are natural allies.
    Yeah, sure. Until one of those law abiding citizens is illegally detained and arrested by a police officer who refuses to recognise the right of that citizen to be armed. Then we start having second thoughts about that whole concept.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Yeah, sure. Until one of those law abiding citizens is illegally detained and arrested by a police officer who refuses to recognise the right of that citizen to be armed. Then we start having second thoughts about that whole concept.

I think the point he was trying to make is that not everyone on either side realizes it. (He went as far as to suggest that the cops get together and present the citizen with a more suitable weapon for self defense.)

If the scenario you spoke of were to happen to me, I wouldn't like it- and would likely raise nine kinds of hell over it- but I wouldn't hold every cop I see accountable for the actions of one who for whatever reason made a bad decision.

Top Bottom