AroundLSU's School of Shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    So I met this girl yesterday who's pretty cool. We had lunch this afternoon and after I say casually.. "So, you wanna go shooting?"

Long story short, she'd never shot a gun in her life but always wanted to. So we go to my house, I brief her on basic gun handling, safety skills, and how to operate an HK P7 but made it clear, for better or worse, no other gun works like this. I then tell her we're not going to target shoot. We're going to train to shoot people and defend yourself and if you have a problem with that tell me now and we'll do something different. She replies, "No that sounds awesome!"

So off we go. On the way she asks lots of questions like do you need a permit to buy a gun, can you keep it in your car, what do you have to do carry a gun, the usual stuff.

So we get to Precision and Kevin is nice enough to give us a whole side to ourselves so I can train her without worrying about other shooters. And let me say now, she did GREAT!!! I've only taken a few of my guy buddies shooting which is always a nightmare and impossible to coach, but she did everything perfectly.

We started off with basic one shot drills just to get the hang of the pistol. But then once I saw she could handle the gun safely I quickly moved on to combat drills adding complexity and stress as she mastered each one. She was loving it and her face flushed red with excitement after each volley of shots. We didn't do any holster drills since I figured that might be a bit too much for her first day but for her graduation from AroundLSU's School of Shooting I loaded her up with a few random snap caps mixed in her magazines and made her learn to tap-rack-bang.

As a bonus before leaving I let her shoot the USP .45 suppressed. It was worth $20 of ammo just to see the smile on her face after the first shot.

So what do you think? Did I spoil a new shooter too much or what? :D

BTW, whatever I did must have been right because she wants to take me out to meet her friends tonight at Clicks!

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I've instructed a few of my fiance's friends, always fun to introduce someone to shooting, especially a lady. I enjoy it, I'd love to be a firearms instructor for my office but its a hard gig to get into

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    We actually ended up at Port Royal instead of Clicks. She didn't have her ID to get into Clicks. She was drinking chocolate martinis, slamming shots, and *RETRACTED DUE TO FAMILY FORUM*. I tried to keep myself together and stick to beer as best I could.

Man, I found a wild one. She wants to meet my g/f and hang with us this weekend! :eek3:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Here are some pictures from her myspace. They are fairly representative of what I got myself into.

2588408276_38cdf70cbf_o.jpg

2587572231_6a2261ae08_o.jpg

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    OK! She talked some German girl into making out with her at the bar! Of course I made her stay at my house because she was much too drunk to drive home but I couldn't convince the German to do the same.

Man, I haven't been to Port Royal in a while. I thought it was just a hole in the wall. That place was packed until 2am. And it was a Monday night! And it was CHEAP! I closed my tab at the end of the night and it was an even $20. That includes all the chocolate martinis and my beer. I think she had other people buy the shots.

I'm definitely going back. It was 99% service industry people so we just have to keep it on the down low that I'm a white collar sitting behind the computer kinda guy.

Top Bottom