Arrested for Open Carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    In explaining why he was carrying a gun while planting a tree, Krause said, "There's no requirement to justify why you're able to exercise constitutional rights. I and everyone else are able to go to church, they're able to vote, they're able to speak their mind. Even though the city might not like it, we have that right."

So well said, Amen.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    ITs all your fault NolaCop you pig bastard....

I am gonna dissasembly YOUR gun next time I see you.....

(If I ever see you...:rofl::rofl:)

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by goodburbon
    Arrested for OC in his yard...wow.
    Yeah, That is a little f-cked up.

Yep, same thing nearly happened to me cleaning up in my own front yard the day after Gustav here in New Orleans. Fortunately, I was able to convince the NOPD guys that they didn't have a clue about Louisiana's gun laws and they went away.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    We had this story on another forum. I was pretty surprised at the comments to the question that was asked. That is a liberal part of the country, but most of the responders had no problem with open carry.

Here's the link to their forum. You can also link to the original story that was in the OP of this thread.

http://www.jsonline.com/forums/39730232.html?c=y&commentSubmitted=y

Art

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    You could have added the "no retention training" line!

Not completely familiar with the case, but more power to the guy if he was wronged.

The whole crossdraw six shooter open carry thing,while perfectly legal, adds to the whole cowboy persona some of the antis try to brand us with.

Except of course, it's a BMW bike right? Man, you would think he would have gotten a Harley or a Taurus to at least match. LOL

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    The police chief and all the others ought to be fired and tried in U.S. Court for a violation of his civil rights.

But they won't be and they won't be.

kdick3

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    :eek: You mean people can carry guns on their property? But if he has to shoot it the bullet doesn't stay on his property! Oh my gosh! I think they should ban gun carrying while on your property. And while they're at it maybe limit the number of children we can have and make us pay more taxes... Afterall, taxes are patriotic, amirite?

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Not completely familiar with the case, but more power to the guy if he was wronged.

The whole crossdraw six shooter open carry thing,while perfectly legal, adds to the whole cowboy persona some of the antis try to brand us with.

Except of course, it's a BMW bike right? Man, you would think he would have gotten a Harley or a Taurus to at least match. LOL

It the "Open Carry, look tough, but have zero training in how to retain my weapon if someone tries to take it from me" case!

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    I really love this attitude that if you cannot afford training on retention etc, you should not be allowed the right. I am sorry, I forgot that the founding fathers said that rights are only for rich people.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I really love this attitude that if you cannot afford training on retention etc, you should not be allowed the right. I am sorry, I forgot that the founding fathers said that rights are only for rich people.

THANK F_CKING GOD.

That is what this thread needed.

A link of Jimmy Dean goodness.:eek3:

Go jump in a plane and fly it Jimmy. It's your right. the skies belong to everyone. Next time you go to the doctor, maybe a crack head with no training will be the person tickling your brown-eye and massaging your little hairless sac. I mean, he should have the same right to be a doctor as a rich guy right?

Your couch shooting buddy should be able to have a fully automatic .50 BMG with a .124 lb trigger, because it is his right. he needs no safetry training or anything. If he kills some one or a love seat, too bad. He was exercising his right.

What about my right not to have my sofa or wife shot?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom