Asleep At The Wheel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    Saw this from my kitchen window a good while ago and snapped the pic from inside my home. Was just curious (nosey) of what was up so I put my dog on the chain and took her out for a walk inside of our yard. From what I could see from our yard, the officer had his/her head down and apparantely taking a nap/asleep. The unit has been there for over an hour now and no movement of the unit or the officer. I got a little bit more curious and took the dog out for a walk alongside the unit, and yes, the officer was alive, chest expanding and deflating, head down and definitely asleep. Yeah, I got the tag number of the unit. Our tax dollars at work!

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    If he is working a 12 hour shift, i don't mind it, I have taken 30-60 minute naps at work also

I work 12 hours shift work rotating from days and nights lots of times that I only have 1/2 a day off… we never ever sleep on a job well we don’t get caught… my daddy always told me if you can’t be good be good at it

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    If he is working a 12 hour shift, i don't mind it, I have taken 30-60 minute naps at work also

Sorry but I disagree with you. I have worked many 12hr jobs mostly during the night hours and even though I had the notion to take a nap, I did not because I was getting paid by the hour for my service by the company I was working for. No offense or anything but if you were working for me, I would not be willing to pay you while you are sleeping on the job. But hey, it is your and my dime and we are all paying for the officer to sleep on the job! ;)

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    Sorry but I disagree with you. I have worked many 12hr jobs mostly during the night hours and even though I had the notion to take a nap, I did not because I was getting paid by the hour for my service by the company I was working for. No offense or anything but if you were working for me, I would not be willing to pay you while you are sleeping on the job. But hey, it is your and my dime and we are all paying for the officer to sleep on the job! ;)
    I worked 12-18 hour days offshore or other remote locations 3-7 weeks at a time, and only have 5-10 days off before doing, sometimes swapping shifts. If my boss was going to get upset for me taking a 30-60 minute nap, he would have sent 3 people to do a 3 person job, not 2, and definitely let me have a schedule, but hey, he gets to choose.

If this cop is busting out 12-14 hour shifts, and working multiple days straight cause they are short handed, cars if he takes a nap, as long as nothing is happening. Rather him there, than slowing I-10 down to 55 mph cause people think normal speed is 75 until cops then it is slam brakes and go 55.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I worked 12-18 hour days offshore or other remote locations 3-7 weeks at a time, and only have 5-10 days off before doing, sometimes swapping shifts. If my boss was going to get upset for me taking a 30-60 minute nap, he would have sent 3 people to do a 3 person job, not 2, and definitely let me have a schedule, but hey, he gets to choose.

If this cop is busting out 12-14 hour shifts, and working multiple days straight cause they are short handed, cars if he takes a nap, as long as nothing is happening. Rather him there, than slowing I-10 down to 55 mph cause people think normal speed is 75 until cops then it is slam brakes and go 55.

Sorry but your logic does not make any sense. Have a good day!

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    Sorry but your logic does not make any sense. Have a good day!
    How so? My manager and the city saves money by not hiring anyone else to cover for us and let us have a full restful sleep. I bet you would complain if they police department realized they are short handed, raised taxes by $10 a house to cover 3 more officers, cause WASTEFUL SPENDING!!!!

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    How so? My manager and the city saves money by not hiring anyone else to cover for us and let us have a full restful sleep. I bet you would complain if they police department realized they are short handed, raised taxes by $10 a house to cover 3 more officers, cause WASTEFUL SPENDING!!!!

Like I said, your logic makes no sense. No company I have ever worked for paid for me to sleep on the job. So sorry that you have to live in the city that josh guillory is in charge of and does not have a clue on how to run government. You need to move out of the city and own property were you can homestead it and not have to pay any taxes on your property what so ever. ;) Have a nice day!

Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I would have woken him up and offered him something to eat and/or drink.. Definitely wouldnt have tattle tailed on him like a 4yo.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I would have woken him up and offered him something to eat and/or drink.. Definitely wouldnt have tattle tailed on him like a 4yo.

So you would have been a grown man instead of sneaking pictures out of a window and pretending to walk your dog? I’m not saying the trooper should have been sleeping but the lengths taken to be sneaky is hilarious. Some people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    So you would have been a grown man instead of sneaking pictures out of a window and pretending to walk your dog? I’m not saying the trooper should have been sleeping but the lengths taken to be sneaky is hilarious. Some people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You are correct sir.. I wouldn't have went through the trouble to walk around just to get someone in trouble. When I was in the reserves and we got activated I had full timers under my watch that had been up for long periods of time. If they were napping in the truck I'd leave them alone until it was go time. I knew they had a long road ahead of them... I certainly didn't go to their platoon Sgt or unit CO and tattle on them.

When cops parked at my dad's gas stations for a break.. We most definitely didn't call on them.. They were very much welcomed.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    This would have sparked my curiosity also :dunno:
    My take from your post is you are assuming the officer was on the clock?

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I’ve had to switch from working nights to day and back again like them and it’s tough. Especially when your trying to get normal life things done when your off. I have fell asleep hanging on a rope 200’ up from exhaustion before.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    One time I was at this house doing some work I ended up taking a nap. Their teenage son comes waking me up bitching that I feel asleep on his bed and that he was gonna tell his mom. He started calling out for her... I finally told him his mom was right here... Next to me... If he woulda stfu he would a never known. Moral of the story is... Don't be a tattle tail or you might see your mom naked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom