Assault rifle left unattended on Seattle Police car

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    he's now fired...
    Do you have a news brief that says that?
    I've only found that the PD is still investigating.

Seems two officers missed that an AR was chillin' on the trunk.
    SPD 'embarrassed' after officers leave rifle unattended on cruiser

A source told KOMO News Officer Bill Collins, who is assigned to the rifle, was cleaning out his patrol car inside the garage of the West Precinct on Monday. The former SWAT officer set the rifle on the trunk of a nearby patrol car, got distracted and ended up leaving the gun on the vehicle.

Then Nollette, who is assigned to that car, drove out of the garage for a shift on Tuesday and made it a few blocks before the citizens notified her of the gun on the trunk, the source said. It was not known whether there was ammunition in the rifle.
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/124662724.html

:)

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    It says he took the picture at 9 PM, but it looks like its daylight, especially from the reflection of the sky on the back glass there...

armyvet

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    NOLA
    Looks like the Seattle Police Officers need to invest in dummy cords! Once I found an M9 in a porta-potty in Iraq; turned out it belonged to one of the doctors from the combat hospital.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I think its comical that they say that they dont know if there was any ammunition in the gun, but in the picture you can CLEARLY see a magazine seated. I dont know about how them yankees carry their patrol rifle's.... but mine's got bullets in the mag.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'm sure the department will tell the media that the 'menacing looking' assault rifle in question was unloaded. A loaded rifle might just decide to shoot up a playground on its own!

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    In 1975 I was traveling through New Mexico and broke down. A trooper stopped to help and he let us sit in his cruiser while waiting for a tow truck. I noticed that the gun mount in his car was empty and asked were his shotty was. He said it was under his seat because they weren't allowed to use the mount because the site of the gun in the car offended people. This was near Taos (super liberal). Damn we've been fighting for our rights a long time.

eman2k5

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Covington, LA
    A trooper left his trunk open during a stop in Covington one night. The next morning someone turned in a cased AR15 that they picked up on the road after it fell out of the trunk.
    Edit: here is the story
    http://www.911jobforums.com/archive/index.php/t-18085.html

I seen some untis have a trunk mount for rifles. Realistically I believe a company should come out with a organizer for trunks like they do for the passenger seat. Something that will fit in the trunk like a bed liner. You people heard the idea first from me......

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I seen some untis have a trunk mount for rifles. Realistically I believe a company should come out with a organizer for trunks like they do for the passenger seat. Something that will fit in the trunk like a bed liner. You people heard the idea first from me......

Trunk_Organizer.jpg

http://www.unclemikesle.com/products/index.cfm?ClassID=9&ClassCategoryID=11&FamilyID=132

Top Bottom