Assault Weapons Ban

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    what do you guys know and feel about the Assault Weapons Ban? Should I go out and buy an AR today before I can't anymore?

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    so I'm guessing I shouldn't worry about it? I was going to go buy one tomorrow cause I was afraid it was going to be a problem.

MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    I would buy one... Better now than never. Im just dumping my spare money into as many as I can b/c of the scare of never being able to own one again. It sucks but thats the way is seems its going to be.

Tiz68

Gun Lover
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    Morgan City
    Glad I have mine already. And if anyone ever comes to my house trying to take it from me, they will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. Either that or find where I buried it. ;)

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Yes you should buy an AR. There is a balance in the Yin-Yang universe grasshopper. To offset the energy of the AR you should also buy an AK. I got the Rock River DEA model and had to buy 2 AK's to offset it's energy. So weigh your options and do what you must. :D

images

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Its a well known fact that every time someone puts off buying an "assault" rifle God kills a kitten. How can you even sleep at night?

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Its a well known fact that every time someone puts off buying an "assault" rifle God kills a kitten. How can you even sleep at night?

:rofl::rofl:
    As I read through the thread, I was going to say every time somebody buys an AK God kills a kitten, that's why I'm going to buy 10, and then I read this ^^.:rofl::rofl: Too slow!

Dave
    A sick mind is a terrible thing to waste!:D

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I feel that the ban is iminent, I plan on buying an AR this year unfortunatley finances don't permit at this time. It sucks being poor.

bryan0928

SRA
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Hammond
    Don't rush into it. Do your research. You have atleast a year or so.

You should own at least 2 ARs and 2 AKs by the '08 elections. 20 mags per weapon at a minimum. Spare parts and tools as well.

I consider myself lucky, I was only 6 or 7 for the first ban. I was given a second chance when it sunsetted. I'm gonna take full advantage and stock up.

We shouldn't admit defeat though. It doesn't even have to happen again.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    To many gun owners have a false sense of security, and an absolute lack of unit cohesion. I figure buy what you can now, ammunition included, because prices aren't dropping. But if you have absolute faith in your elected officials, because they always look out for us, keep putting off till tomorrow, in the meantime I'll be stashing like a cracked out central park squirrel.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    To many gun owners have a false sense of security, and an absolute lack of unit cohesion. I figure buy what you can now, ammunition included, because prices aren't dropping. But if you have absolute faith in your elected officials, because they always look out for us, keep putting off till tomorrow, in the meantime I'll be stashing like a cracked out LSU campus squirrel.
    Fixed.
    :mamoru:

Top Bottom