At Least 4 Good Reasons To End the War on Drugs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Here's my attempt to participate in this thread :D

yes-we-cannabis.jpg

marijuana%20pot%20funny%20sign%20at%20least%20not%20crack.jpg

obama-smoking-weed1.jpg

pot-sale.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    As a general self imposed edict, I almost never side with any one, thing, or plan out of California. But they have this one right. I guess I am openminded afterall.:D

Oh! And what a surprise the $105 million never made it to rehabilitation efforts in the onset of this current drug war insanity.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Prohibition didn't work for alcohol, and it doesn't work for drugs. As Daniel Okrent wrote in his book "Last Call: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition," "In almost every respect imaginable, Prohibition was a failure. It encouraged criminality and institutionalized hypocrisy. It deprived the government of revenue, stripped the gears of the political system, and proposed profound limitations on individual rights."

I've said this before... de-fund the war on drugs and balance the budget with the surplus, not to mention the new tax revenues.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    ...... I guess I am openminded afterall.......:D.

Careful, a potential side effect of an open mind is that your brain falls out.

(What was the last thing that passed thru Princess Diana's mind?...............................................sheet metal.)

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    "Ending the war on drugs". I've never heard a definition of this that a majority of people agree on.

So, what are some of your definitions of ending the WODs?

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Wide open, free market capitalism. End the DEA, roll them into Border Control, we could use a bunch of fascists like them on the border. You know, no knock shooting of illegals in mid-river. Somebody wants to f*** up their life with drugs, its a free country. Darwinism at its finest. Less public assistance $, too.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Wide open, free market capitalism. End the DEA, roll them into Border Control, we could use a bunch of fascists like them on the border. You know, no knock shooting of illegals in mid-river. Somebody wants to f*** up their life with drugs, its a free country. Darwinism at its finest. Less public assistance $, too.

Nice!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    war on drugs \ n 1: Fantasy 2: Joke played on taxpayers 3: Organized and sanctioned thievery 4: Wasted energy or resource 5: Perpetual scare tactic to reign in dissent and objection 6: Political coffer usually reserved for senior leaders in a political subdivision 7: Inifinite stupidity

Thesaurus

Syns: Logic, rationale, rationality, reason.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    It just occurred to me. Just think of the investigative and court resources AND prison space that could be devoted to politicians.:bravo:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    "Spain and Italy have also decriminalized personal use of drugs and Mexico's president has proposed doing the same. . "

Handwriting on the wall folks! If Mexico decriminalizes just across the Rio Grande and our dumbasses stand firm on this wasted and failed policy. You will see a war all right! A war of gangs and murderers stepping up the campaign to get the drugs here.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Who's going to pay for that?

Hitman, you can't be serious? I can only imagine how many billions are spent on the criminal and enforcement side of this horses**t! Not to mention the billions we are throwing away to all the drug making s**tholes to pretend like they are performing interdiction on our behalf.

I would bet it would'nt take a 5th of that to treat our druggies instead of what is being offered now.

But I will submit, if this were to happen here; the thievery of the money would continue, but just move to another jurisdiction or bureaucracy.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Hitman, you can't be serious? I can only imagine how many billions are spent on the criminal and enforcement side of this horses**t! Not to mention the billions we are throwing away to all the drug making s**tholes to pretend like they are performing interdiction on our behalf.

I would bet it would'nt take a 5th of that to treat our druggies instead of what is being offered now.

But I will submit, if this were to happen here; the thievery of the money would continue, but just move to another jurisdiction or bureaucracy.

I thought it a completely logical question. :p

Top Bottom