Atchafalaya Swamp Tour

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    I have 2 friends who will be in Lafayette on Sunday, April 28,2013. They would like to do a boat tour on the Atchafalaya that morning.

Two questions: Air boat or conventional boat? Which is the best tour in the area?

Thanks for your help.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    To to the Atchafalaya Basin Landing (take Henderson/Cecilia Exit), keep right off ramp, turn left at traffic light, head to Levee, take right at Pats, go a little ways and you'll see the sign. Go up and over the levee, park, talk with the good people in there, they got some air boats and regular. I personally have never ridden on an airboat, but nothing like slipping through the basin in an old aluminum boat enjoying the beauty. I'll be there Monday morning before dawn launching to chase some largemouths.

Last edited:

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    We did the Air Boat tour last year with an Engineer that was in from Scotland. Pretty neat if you have never been in an air boat. Went places that a boat/party barge can't go. We would stop at quite a few places & the Guide will give a little history. Saw quite a few gators too.

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    To to the Atchafalaya Basin Landing (take Henderson/Cecilia Exit), keep right off ramp, turn left at traffic light, head to Levee, take right at Pats, go a little ways and you'll see the sign. Go up and over the levee, park, talk with the good people in there, they got some air boats and regular. I personally have never ridden on an airboat, but nothing like slipping through the basin in an old aluminum boat enjoying the beauty. I'll be there Monday morning before dawn launching to chase some largemouths.

Is there a company name (so they can call, ask questions and make reservations?

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    worked off and on all year in atchaflaya bay, the owner of the company bought up lots of the property thru it.

lots of critters to see. i prefer regular boats as they are quieter and see a bit more critters, but air boats get further and deeper so you see more over all.

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    Thanks to all of you. My friends got weathered out for Sunday but took an air boat tour from Basin Landing and had a great time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom