ATF Determines that the Rare-Breed FRT-15 Trigger is a Machine Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Anyone see this yet? Apparently they are still selling them but only accepting bitcoin! lol.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/08/at...rt-15-trigger-is-a-machine-gun/#axzz73zsvTfLg

For those who don't know, the Rare-Breed FRT-15 is a "forced reset" trigger. So you pretty much index your finger on it and apply pressure, then the action of the bolt traveling over the mechanism resets the trigger and forces it against your finger, thereby actuating the hammer again. This happens until all rounds have expended providing you keep your finger on the trigger, in a sense, functioning SIMILAR to a machine gun, but you are actuating the trigger for each individual shot.

PERSONALLY... I have shot them in a few different firearms... and my favorite is the 5.7 Banshee (though on the 5.7 you lose the bolt hold-open on the last round). Cycling is EXTREMELY fast and flawless. Now, that being said... I have NO IDEA how it was legal. By that I mean, you don't even realize that you're pulling the trigger (or it's forcing you to).

Definitely a very well put together and designed piece of hardware. The craftsmanship alone should be award winning.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    ATF is a rogue agency defying the rule of law, and issuing edicts from on high.

Bump Stocks were never a machine gun, yet they ruled them as such, putting people out of business.

Now the courts agree that bump stocks are not machine guns, but all of the infrastructure to manufacture them is long gone.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    They are a lapdog for whichever master has control over them. They get their orders from above then twist and contort definitions to satisfy their master. It will not stop with bump stocks and triggers.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    ATF is a rogue agency defying the rule of law, and issuing edicts from on high.

Bump Stocks were never a machine gun, yet they ruled them as such, putting people out of business.

Now the courts agree that bump stocks are not machine guns, but all of the infrastructure to manufacture them is long gone.

Trust me, there are people with a few sitting in the back of closets. Not that I would know.

Stonehenge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Slaughter
    The rare breed FRT is exactly the same design as a trigger that was approved by the AFT in 2013. Only they used better materials.

If RB FRT is ruled a machine gun, then all the other forced reset triggers they already approved for sale are too.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The rare breed FRT is exactly the same design as a trigger that was approved by the AFT in 2013. Only they used better materials.

If RB FRT is ruled a machine gun, then all the other forced reset triggers they already approved for sale are too.

But Rare Breed didn’t send a trigger to the ATF and they also forgot to say Mother May I…
    Pretty much what happened with the Honey Badger.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    With ammo being as expensive as it is who the hell is going to use it very much in the first place! I say there is nothing illegal about it. It is a forced reset trigger. It is certainly not as reliable as a legitimate fully automatic. I think it's a great novelty to have and use it to do a mag dump on occasion. Other than that I don't see the need for it.

If you listen to most Army Special Forces, Navy Seals, basically they think automatic fire from a carbine is wasting ammo and certainly not controlled aimed fire so it really is kind of useless.

Maybe if it was installed on a belt fed civilian model M240 or some other heavy caliber semi auto AR rifle it could possibly be useful in some applications but if it came to that point it really wouldn't matter what is legal or illegal. Other than that I really don't think anything else should be surrendered to the ATF&E without it going before a judge. Today it's Rare Breed, tomorrow it'll be any manufacturer of an AR rifle. I say the ATF&E needs to be legally challenged on every issue they put forward.

They are appearing very tyrannical!

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Bottom line the trigger make the gun fully auto. I've shot them and tested them....

So you got your ME and your JD from where, again?

This is the whole problem.

We, as a firearm centric community don't need to provide the leftists with any ammunition to fire back at us.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I remember back in the day putting a rubber band around the mag well the the back of the trigger… would you have to register the rubber band? Or I often slip my finger through trigger guard and though my belt loop and slight pressure forward while shooting, do I have to register my belt loop?? It’s a power trip

At the end of the day forced or assisted which is every trigger in the world btw, every pull and release of the trigger is a cycle… simple…. It’s not pull and continues to fire until you let up or empty….

Pic I posted in another post kinda fits this situation also lol

Attachments

• 823DE462-F4EF-40C8-95B8-9E66401788AD.jpeg
      823DE462-F4EF-40C8-95B8-9E66401788AD.jpeg
      35.6 KB · Views: 82

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Playing devils advocate has ruffled your little panties eh??

I get what you're saying, however, lets be honest... your initial statement was more trolling than playing devil's advocate.

Just saying.

That being said, personally I don't have one... or an echo, or Binary, etc., etc., etc. I have definitely shot them... and definitely think that as a novelty they are great and fun to shoot. I'm not exactly leapfrogging out of a hostile engagement, and therefore don't especially NEED something that cycles half the rounds I am carrying in a minute, leaving me depleted with nothing but some extra aeration of the nearby trees.

Most of those who are in support of these types of options/accessories are probably not in favor of actually owning one, but more in favor of not allowing governmental overreach or testing the boundaries of Americans second amendment rights. Saying "Eh, ban them for all I care" just opens the path to the NEXT ban... then the next... and the next.. and so on until eventually "Why do you even need guns?".

Just please keep that in mind.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Oh I agree 100%. I think everyone should have one. I'm just saying I've shot one, and maybe had one at one time...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Bottom line the trigger make the gun fully auto. I've shot them and tested them....

WHOA!?! REALLY?!? LIKE, IN PERSON? YOU ARE COOLER THAN THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PILLOW!
    What is your point? It is NOTHING like full auto. You have "tested" them? For whom? DARPA? ATF Technology Branch? This is the part where you claim "your employer" asked you to "evaluate" them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom